• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The players liking a coach and the coach being good aren't the same thing, and this really goes double if the coach is biased towards selecting the sort of the players who'd like him.

I think Langer is less disastrous than is made out, but only because I think the position of coach is less important in general. If I bought into Langer's role as much as Langer does I'd be terrified.
A couple of valid points. However, I believe he is more effective than either Buchanan (giving homework) or Lehmann (trying to be one of the boys).

Spark

Global Moderator
Cummins is the best test bowler in the world and Already ATG.
I don't even think it's absurd to call him an ATG - his actual bowling certainly merits the tag - I just think he should do it for a bit longer to really cement that status.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine if australia had declared when border wanted them to. We'd probably have still been in the game even with that capitulation.
Do ex cricketers sign away their braincells for experimental research or what? There's no way Border the captain doesn't tell anyone suggesting a declaration to get their ****ing head checked.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gill
Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Siraj (assuming Shami is injured)
Bumrah
Umesh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A couple of valid points. However, I believe he is more effective than either Buchanan (giving homework) or Lehmann (trying to be one of the boys).
Maybe. I think it's hard to say. I think Lehmann was theoretically the best in that he didn't really do anything - Lame Duck Coach Best Coach, so to speak - but we saw the pitfalls of this when combined with a weak leader as captain.

I think if Lehmann replaced Langer we'd actually see mild improvement. If Langer replaced Lehmann retrospectively we probably wouldn't have seen sandpapergate though, so you win some, you lose some. The fact that they've almost reversed ideal captain partners is less than ideal though.

At the end of the day it's worth remembering that none of these coaches were beloved on CW. Langer copping it now doesn't mean everyone thought Lehmann, Buchanan, Arthur etc were doing great.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Imagine if australia had declared when border wanted them to. We'd probably have still been in the game even with that capitulation.
I hope this kills off this obsession comms have for every D/N Test about declaring at the right time. Look how hideous India were on Days 2 & 3 in bright conditions.

Slifer

International Captain
Cummins is the best test bowler in the world and Already ATG.
Disagree with the already atg tag. He's only 30 odd tests in and has only played away in what half of the test nations. Great body of work thus far but still some ways to go to be mentioned in the same vein as Glenn. Just my humble opinion...

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't know how to be respectful about this. This is like the whole carcuss of India just rolled over and died, right in front of my very eyes. It must be horrible for the fans. Delusions of superiority ripped from their eyes in humiliating fashion. They will wake up tomorrow and it will still be true. Everytime they have a smug argument, in the future, '36' will shut it down. So, i know I am meant to empathise with our Indian fans, having experienced it in the past. But this performance is worse. Much worse. I offer my condolences in the least smug way I can muster..

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know how to be respectful about this. This is like the whole carcuss of India just rolled over and died, right in front of my very eyes. It must be horrible for the fans. Delusions of superiority ripped from their eyes in humiliating fashion. They will wake up tomorrow and it will still be true. Everytime they have a smug argument, in the future, '36' will shut it down. So, i know I am meant to empathise with our Indian fans, having experienced it in the past. But this performance is worse. Much worse. I offer my condolences in the least smug way I can muster..
There are no delusions of superiority from me. They are and will always be horrific at batting away from home in Test cricket. One series here or there is not enough to change that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It is worse to lose two Tests being bowled out for 300 than it is to lose one Test bowled out for 36.

In fact I think in some sort of grand points ladder they'd have justifiably got some points for their first innings lead.

"Lmao 36" is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe. I think it's hard to say. I think Lehmann was theoretically the best in that he didn't really do anything - Lame Duck Coach Best Coach, so to speak - but we saw the pitfalls of this when combined with a weak leader as captain.

I think if Lehmann replaced Langer we'd actually see mild improvement. If Langer replaced Lehmann retrospectively we probably wouldn't have seen sandpapergate though, so you win some, you lose some. The fact that they've almost reversed ideal captain partners is less than ideal though.

At the end of the day it's worth remembering that none of these coaches were beloved on CW. Langer copping it now doesn't mean everyone thought Lehmann, Buchanan, Arthur etc were doing great.
Once again, valid points. Regarding CW's attitude towards coaches, as I'm a relatively new member (this year) I was unaware of of any thoughts/comments on earlier coaches.

Gob

International Coach
The Bumrah slower ball dismissal was an underrated moment of cleverness from Cummins. 150 wickets in 31 wickets **** me. He doesn't get fifers with the frequency of Steyn but he really is McGrath 2.0 in terms of consistency and how he operates.
He is only 27 too. Got a bag from the IPL aswell. Must feel pretty ****ing good to wake up every morning, look at the mirror and see Pat Cummins staring back at you