• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
daaaaaaammit, dammit dammit. not great bowling by me, a few dropped chances but there always will be i guess. well batted fitzy and cloete, you`re both really shining :)

some hard work to be done by me to make sure I be getting some wickets!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win greens, after our last few games it was a good turn around.....suprised with my 61 at the top considering i usually struggle up the top in fc but nice work green board.. some good decisions paid off there.......

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well im in excellent form :dry:

Bad luck with that loss, despite a great second innings, and many good individual performances.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tuesday 8th March

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

After their attempts in the last game came up short, Jellett and Wilshere tried again and this time their partnership was a matchwinning one. CW Black levelled Blue to 56/4 then 100/5 chasing 242 for victory, but positive half-centuries from Wilshere and Jellett revived home fortunes.

The two added 135 runs after a Broadbent blitz earlier in the innings. Indeed, Broadbent finished with 5 wickets in a losing effort, with Black taking just 6 in total. Earlier Black was inserted in murky conditions. Chaulk was once again the star at the top of the innings, but Butler, Kearsley and Loc also played roles in getting to 241/5. Andrew Cloete led the Blue bowling with 3 wickets in 9 overs.

Man of the Match: D Jellett

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

A terrific allround contribution from Rob Malone against his old team allowed Green to take some advantage of Black's defeat, and close the OD gap to 1 point between the teams. The Greens were not able to secure a bonus point, but did cruise to victory on the seaming Oval wicket.

Malone followed up 2 wickets in the Red innings with an unbeaten century, his third of the season. He partnered Brendon Goff for 212 runs unbroken, as the CW XI captain stroked a restrained 84. For Red, the openers were contained by solid bowling from Hoy and Cunningham. Stedman then began to pick up the pace, but was out soon after getting to 50.

Sean Bennett took it upon himself to anchor the innings and batted for almost 3 hours for his half-century. The Red middle order never got going, and it took a couple of good blows by Cameron at the end to push on to 230/7.

Man of the Match: RJ Malone

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Standings

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts[/B]
Cricket Web Black	19	10	7	2	0	330
Cricket Web Green	19	10	9	0	0	300
Cricket Web Red		19	6	8	5	0	255
Cricket Web Blue	19	7	9	3	0	255

[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Black	19	11	8	10	54	0.19
Cricket Web Green	19	11	8	9	53	0.07
Cricket Web Red		19	9	10	7	43	-0.17
Cricket Web Blue	19	7	12	12	40	-0.08

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWBCC Chairman's XI

+ H Mørk (Red)
* PE Young (Blue)
CR Butler (Black)
GKK Dobson (Red)
MJ Robbins (Red)
MW Wilson (Black)
RG Verghese (Green)
TC Halsey (Blue)
XPA Rose (Green)
S Bhatia (Black)
R Timewell (Green)

The above players have been selected to play against the touring South Africans in a warmup fixture. They will be unavailable for the 5D fixtures scheduled for Sunday 13th March.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wow shocking bowling there reds, save for borcich. nice batting by the openers, though.

dinu23

International Debutant
hey, look who's found their form! Jellett, Wilshere what were u guys doing all this time! WOW! great comeback thanks to u guys! 56/4, man we had no chance at that stage. again, super batting abd bowled Cloete.

andyc

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
+ H Mørk (Red)
* PE Young (Blue)
CR Butler (Black)
GKK Dobson (Red)
MJ Robbins (Red)
MW Wilson (Black)
RG Verghese (Green)
TC Halsey (Blue)
XPA Rose (Green)
S Bhatia (Black)
R Timewell (Green)

The above players have been selected to play against the touring South Africans in a warmup fixture. They will be unavailable for the 5D fixtures scheduled for Sunday 13th March.
congrats to Mørk, Dobson and Robbins from red for getting in. and everyone else, i guess :p. pity well be without them.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Sean Bennett took it upon himself to anchor the innings and batted for almost 3 hours for his half-century.
Sean, I know you want to imitate me, but please do it in first-class cricket...

andyc

Samuel_Vimes said:
Sean, I know you want to imitate me, but please do it in first-class cricket...
:laughing: yeah, the sooner we all know there's no playing for a draw in one day cricket the better

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great stuff, bugssy, you did Green proud. :) I see the captain is still taking wickets with that of Reds captain marc for a golden duck - we'll never hear the end of that one!

Great all round effort by the bolwers, though. While we didn't knock them over, we did make sure we restricted them wonderfully.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
great performance guys, especially buggsy :) thye started well but we came home beutifully. that 212 partnership is probably our best for the season. as for my bowling, well that will teach marc for trying to hit me out of the ground first ball :p

Cloete

International Captain
dinu23 said:
hey, look who's found their form! Jellett, Wilshere what were u guys doing all this time! WOW! great comeback thanks to u guys! 56/4, man we had no chance at that stage. again, super batting abd bowled Cloete.
Thanks De Silva :)

2nd your comments about Wilshere and Jellett as well. That was amazing batting down the order. But I think it was really a team eprformance with everybody chipping in except maybe the top order.

Mister Wright

Crap! That was terrible bowling Reds. Come on guys, this is the business end of the sesaon, let's pick up our act.