• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Despite a horrible performance by me, that was a great win. Brilliant lower order batting, and excellent bowling as usual by Bhatia.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
WOAH, 214!!!!
i honestly cant believe this season im having, 1353 runs @ 54.12, at least someone is putting those rookies in their place ;)
Normally I wouldn't comment on performances besides my own teams, but 214, what an innings. How many times has 200 been passed? Congratulations..

Reds. C'mon. Let's lift our game a bit guys, 5/89 to 350? Keep up the intensity through the whole game.

Go Reds!

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Normally I wouldn't comment on performances besides my own teams, but 214, what an innings. How many times has 200 been passed? Congratulations..
Yeh, i'd like to see a list of highest scores, and all time runs.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
But have you won 4 straight after only winning 2 in the first 10 games?

He he.
Actually, we only had one win and one draw from the first 10. Decent turnaround, if you ask me. ;)

You and Simon are on fire, and the rest of us are doing our bit as well.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Well done Simonster, great knock mate, getting better and better as the season goes - just in time for the Tests, too :)

BTW the highest ever score was 253* from 414 balls by Bugssy (Rob Malone) playing for NSW against Tassie in off season club cricket. That will take a bit of beating.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mikeW said:
214????? that'd have to be the highest for the season! great knock.
yeh id say its the highest of the season, my guess would be the 3rd highest in CWxi history and the highest in dev league competition, but thats just a guess...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
OD side - a few adjustments:

AC Loc
AP Chaulk +
CR Butler
DA Kearsley
A Blackman
MW Wilson
Z Mohammad
CP Thompson
S Bhatia
DP Richards
NS Pickup *

Hing and Dubb-Lynch sit out for Richards and Bhatia as we look to strengthen the bowling and keep the Smash side's run going. Kearsley goes back to four.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Saturday 26th February

Black team submitted too late as it was not emailed, which is correct protocol...

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Red failed to make proper use of good bowling conditions and were made to pay by Black. The Blacks moved onward with yet another comofortable victory, as the bowlers successfully defended 267. Ash Chaulk was bowled just short of a century, whilst Loc contributed a good half-century on the way to the total.

Marc Robbins' bowling was outstanding, but no one else really made a big impression for Red. Batting, the chase was moderate in its start, and no one really met any momentum. The batsmen were stifled by the Black spinners and then the tail collapsed at the end.

Man of the Match: AP Chaulk

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Batting first after winning the toss, the Blues squandered an excellent position of 178/3 to collapse to 199 all out. The catalyst for the strife was Rob Malone, on his way to 4 wickets with his first real bowling form of the season.

As if that wasn't enough, Malone then proceeded to deal out salt with an unbeaten 94 in a partnership of 160 not out for the third wicket. His partner in crime was Alex Feeney, who registered an impressive half-century.

Man of the Match: RJ Malone

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Standings

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts[/B]
Cricket Web Black	14	8	5	1	0	255
Cricket Web Green	14	8	6	0	0	240
Cricket Web Red		14	5	7	2	0	180
Cricket Web Blue	14	5	8	1	0	165

[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Green	14	9	5	7	43	0.28
Cricket Web Black	14	8	6	7	39	0.14
Cricket Web Red		14	7	7	4	32	-0.28
Cricket Web Blue	14	4	10	10	26	-0.13

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
We don't seem to be able to quite carry our form over into the one dayers, that collapse was very disappointing.

Nice all-round performance from Liam though.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great stuff guys - Just doing the stats now and Feeney's last OD scores are: 91*, 80, 68* - good run of form, Waughney!

Time to pick up our FC game and retake the #1 spot from Black, now...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
great win guys, happy with that perfromance we just need to turn our fc form around a little. happy with my 94 and 4 wickets. and feeney u keep up the good work as well. was looking at thet stats and

happy with my form in the one day game but my fc is a little down.... most runs in the 25 over smash and my 396 at 79 ine the one day game, before this last one played i am very happy with....i need practise with my fc though i am letting u guys down in the longer version but hey its nets time.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
Great win again there lads, great innings from Chaulky, then great bowling allround
Yup... may have to reconsider my team changes now!

Just to confirm, Liam, what's the deal with finals/trophies?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Yup... may have to reconsider my team changes now!

Just to confirm, Liam, what's the deal with finals/trophies?
Well the way I figure it should be is that you play all season for the title of 5D/OD champion (ie the best 5D/OD team), thus the top team gets the title. The trophy, however, is to be contested by the top two teams. It's sort of like the World Series in baseball. You win your division comprehensively and get that title, but may not go on to win the World Series. That WS victory is not always a true reflection as to which is the best team of the season.