• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Corbin said:
ok im new here But ill sign up

First Name: Corbin
Last Name: Jennings
Initials (eg Liam A. Camps = LA; Neil S. Pickup = NS): CJ
Handedness (LHB/RHB): LHB
Keeper? Y/N N
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): OS
General Batting position (1-11): 8

Batting Avge: 22.56
Bowling Avge: 25.67
Bowling Econ. (optional): 3.67

Batting SR (FC cricket): 87.78
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest. (eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.) 21

Email: Corbin_rugby@hotmail.com
Welcome to the system. :) You've been signed with Cricket Web Green this season.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Liam, can you send us the sim info for Corbin?

Welcome to CW Green, Corbin! Great to have another face in the team. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sunday 27th February

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

The misguidance of the official scorer added to an ill-advised aggressive declaration by captain Liam Camps backfired, as Black defeated Blue by 9 wickets in a thrilling chase. Informed of some 37 overs left in the game, Camps declared to allow Black to chase 164 for victory on a 5th day pitch. However, to his unending surprise, the umpire announced that it was indeed 43 overs left, putting a big spin on proceedings and allow a cruise to victory for Black.

Following on from a huge century in the first innings, Chris Butler scored an unbeaten half-century to his team's cause and to a Man of the Match award. It was Andrew Ferd, however, who really turned it on. Just his second first class half-century, he hit 12 fours and a six in a fantastically paced innings.

Blue managed a big 471/7 declared in their first innings after de Silva scored a century, but it would all ultimately just increase the pain. Indeed, the team declared twice in the game and was still beaten. Butler responded as the only centurion for Black, but almost all the batsmen stuck in a contribution as they got within 28 runs of Blue's total on the 5th morning.

Simon Fitzsimmons then smacked a quick half-century in putting on 125 with Camps. When was caught at deep point off Bhatia, Camps made the difficult decision to declare and push for a rare win against the powerhouse Blacks. The spinners Halsey and Popat, supposedly the driving force toward a possible victory, were hammered with much ease and no bowler really troubled.

No comment yet from Camps as to the declaration.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 471 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 443 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 135 for 1 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 164 for 1
Cricket Web Black won by 9 wkts.

Man of the Match: CR Butler

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

The Greens put in a big showing of class to revive their 5D form with a good win, despite some very purposeful play from the Reds. For Green, Alex Feeney and Rob Malone played the critical innings, but only three others reached double figures against the quality Red pace trio.

Replying to 279 by the hosts in their first innings, CW Red was demolished for just 82 runs to face a deficit of 197. Still, no one gave up. Instead Dave Watt bowled a miraculous compilation of spells and finished with a career-best 7-wicket haul as Green was limited to 143. Even that total was due largely to the strokefilled lower order effort of Reuben Verghese.

Chasing a gettable 341 for victory, things started slowly. Mørk batted for a long period before he was bowled by a creeper from Cunningham, but Stedman fought on for a solid score. The middle order slipped somewhat, and it was 98/5 at one stage. Yet again the courage was evident though. Marc Robbins stood up for his team, as he has done so many times before, ending unbeaten with a fine half-century.

Sean Bennett played a fighting innings, but was out to his opposite number Tarick Weber closing on a half-century. Timewell then wrapped up the tail fairly quickly.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 279 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 82 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 143 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 271 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 69 runs.

Man of the Match: DJ Watt

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
82 all out, Reds!!!!!!! Pathetic! Poor game!

Big up to Watt and Robbins, though, for doing their all to try and save us from this disaster. The rest of us, be ashamed. Now!

We've got to pick it up for the next game. COME ON REDS!!!!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, what a strange match, have to say thank you to Liam :p

The bowlers struggled on the featherbed but what an innings by Butler, absolutely superb mate well done. Then he comes out and does it again in the second dig - and a great knock by Ferd.

We'll take that

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wow, great stuff by Feeney and Malone, but boy did our bowlers rip in... great all round effort, guys! We didn't even need to use all our bowlers! Wow, that's incredibly well done.

Still need to work on our batting, but I'm proud of all of ya for sticking to it at the end.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer good win guys, could have gotten ugly there but we stuck to it. happy with my runs in the 1st innings.......i even got a bowl.lol and was very expensive lol also well done all the bolwers and feeney for that partnership in the 1st innings well done son!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Great win there Greens, was a good tough win for us and we should be able to improve alot from it.

And,

Welcome Corbin.....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Camps Addresses The Media

Speaking to the press after his team's defeat at the SCG, Blue captain Liam Camps calmly commented upon his critical declaration.

"I've had a lot of time to think about it and, believe me, I have reviewed the moments surrounding the call several times in my mind. In retrospect it did cost us the game and that's a terrible feeling. We played too hard... too well to lose. Still, I'm not about to hang my head about the situation or apologize for it. At the time it was the best call in my mind and as such, I stand by it firmly. What is a captain if not one to play his instincts in addition to intuition? It was an attempt to show a positive attitude and positive play, as I believe that is the only way to beat a team like the Blacks. Blue is certainly not going to get anywhere this season by drawn results. Wins are the key, and that's what I... we aimed for. My hope is only that my team-mates support me in this regard and that they all continue to play the good cricket we have of late. Thank you."

David

International 12th Man
Great bowling DW, good to see you hit your stride!

C'mon Reds! We're better than what we're performing, lets go out and perform to the potential we know we're capable of!

Simon

As vice captain of blue i can say we are 100% behind our skipper, he made a mistake, but i dont think anyone wants to hang him for trying to win the match...

Simon

on another note, i went past 7000 first class runs in that game, meaning im also only 62 runs behind you now Andy ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunate that we lost under those circumstances of course, but it cannot be helped. Better to take the Richie Benaud attitude and "win or lose but do either well" than take the Sunil Gavaskar approach and settle for a draw.

We're still well in contention for a spot in the final and still in form, and that's what counts.

Happy with my own performance, a decent knock and a few wickets. I think the bowling was the problem in this game though, you should never lose when your batsmen do well enough to be able to declare twice.