• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Two excellent wins there for black. Great innings by Loc in the OD, and some good bowling by Bhatia in the FC match. And i'm happy with my 50 in the FC match, and I atleast got a start in the OD. We're looking good from here.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 25th February

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Another wonderful Simon Fitzsimmons innings and another impressive Blue win. Fitzsimmons, for the third time this season, set a new personal high and crossed 200 for the first time in his career. His knock was the basis for a huge Blue first innings of 492, as Andrew Cloete supported nicely with a quality half-century.

Green was earlier made to bat first and started positively, but Tom Halsey's 5-wicket haul pegged back the batsmen extremely effectively, and only Nicholas Rose went on to a significant score. In their second innings, it was a similar story. Demeza was the critical bowler then, with Bryce Cunningham's lower order lift giving some respectability to the innings defeat.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 251 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 492 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 229 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by an Innings and 12 runs.

Man of the Match: SG Fitzsimmons

CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

Black rolled on to the lead in the 5D race with a comprehensive 8-wicket win over the visiting Reds. Pickup won the toss and confidently inserted Red. Results were immediate and, despite some resistance from Dauth, Robbins, Dobson and Bennett, 249 was the eventual score. Bhatia took his first steps toward a solid 10-wicket haul.

The Black session in the middle was hardly any better initially, as the score read 89/5 when Ferd was trapped in front by Watt. Mike Wilson then hit a breezy half-century and Ash Chaulk was all class in scoring one of his own. However, the death blow was the big hitting of Callum Thompson en route to a maiden FC hundred with his second trip past 50. Also among the runs was vice-captain Dave Richards, who struck the ball exquisitely on his way to a 50.

Batting again, Red never looked to have a true game plan in mind. Mørk settled in to play his typical anchor role, but the innings around him was largely stagnant. Maiden after maiden was marked down, even as the batsmen tried to be a bit more positive. Inevitably the wicket-taking deliveries came and Bhatia took 5 more to end the score at 164.

Black lost a couple of cheap wickets first, but Ferd and Kearsley finished the job well enough.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 249 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 385 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 164 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 29 for 2
Cricket Web Black won by 8 wkts.

Man of the Match: S Bhatia

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
oh dear, reds. That was poor. Two poor batting efforts, and to let them get from 89/5 to 385 was pathetic. :( :cry: :@

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm what can i say, another great innings simon.

simply not good enough from green though in all departments. only one batsman passed 50 in either innings, the fielding was again poor and the bowling wasn't its usual self, though the last 8 wickets did falll for just 75 runs it was too little too late. we really need to lift again guys. and fast before we slide too far down the table.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
cr@p, 15 and 9, the only upshot was the stumping, I don't get many of them.

I didn't think he was that far out of his crease when I took the ball but he overbalenced from his sweep follow-through and I whipped the bails off. There aren't many better feelings then pulling off a close stumping.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Great effort lads :)

Starting to think I've got the five-day balance just about right. Top bowling Sangrah, we'll miss you during the Tests if the selectors have noticed half of your efforts this year - and Dave "Gilo" Richards just gets tighter and tighter :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jamee999 said:
cr@p, 15 and 9, the only upshot was the stumping, I don't get many of them.

I didn't think he was that far out of his crease when I took the ball but he overbalenced from his sweep follow-through and I whipped the bails off. There aren't many better feelings then pulling off a close stumping.
I can name one: Winning :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Great effort lads :)

Starting to think I've got the five-day balance just about right. Top bowling Sangrah, we'll miss you during the Tests if the selectors have noticed half of your efforts this year - and Dave "Gilo" Richards just gets tighter and tighter :)
I echo those comments, happy to spend some time out in the middle, the effort ive been making on my batting starting to pay off, and what can i say about 19-14-8-1, apart from wow, my economy rate must be among the best in the league. Well batted Thomo, the depth of our batting really showed, and Sangrah is the man yet again.

Cloete

International Captain
SIMON!!!! You legend!

Atleast I hit 87 runs myself so the margin should still be over 100 :p

Absolutely brilliant win though Blue! Halsey was amazing oin the spinning wicket capturing 8 for the match and Demeza was even more impressive toiling on a pitch that didn't offer much for the pacers, but he also managed to pick up 8! Collins did well to chip in both innings as wel

Simon and I had a partnership of 238 is that up there with the record partnerships?

Anyway great stuff Blue! Definitely looks like we're heading for a 5D Crown :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cloete said:
SIMON!!!! You legend!

Atleast I hit 87 runs myself so the margin should still be over 100 :p

Absolutely brilliant win though Blue! Halsey was amazing oin the spinning wicket capturing 8 for the match and Demeza was even more impressive toiling on a pitch that didn't offer much for the pacers, but he also managed to pick up 8! Collins did well to chip in both innings as wel

Simon and I had a partnership of 238 is that up there with the record partnerships?

Anyway great stuff Blue! Definitely looks like we're heading for a 5D Crown :)
Not seen a league table recently have you, Cloete? Still bottom, I believe...