• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhh how annoying. considering i snapped garven first ball, i should of taken more wickets... im still conceeding way too many extras. well batted for the most part IMO. good signs, good signs...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ooh! 25Smash. :D Boy am I looking forward to that! Waughney, Craig, Hoy, Bugs & Blewy surely looking to repeat their performances from last year and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss out on that kind of fun, especially after last season! Huge shame Lezama will miss out though... last year he hit 238 runs @ 47.60 at a S/R of 109.17... but yeah, the Greens lineup for the 25Smash is awesome. :)

biased indian

International Coach
2 wins and 2 lose it been up and down for last four games

nd i have missed out on a lot of games .when is the next international tour :) :) ???

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ooh ur falling behind ur own schedual liam, but thats no news :P mean i can play my smash games :D if i get selected ofcourse :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kwek said:
ooh ur falling behind ur own schedual liam, but thats no news :P mean i can play my smash games :D if i get selected ofcourse :P
'Tis what happens when I miss 2 days with my own agenda of fun. ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Two weeks from today. It's a home series though, so only 11 players will be monopolized at a given time.
Twelve, surely? Some will be carrying drinks - at least according to what we did the last time around...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Has there been any change to the order in which the OD's are being played? I'm not too fussed about dates, just wanting to make sure the OD schedule I have in the OD stats is still okay to use.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tuesday 15th February

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

With one of the most defiant efforts in Dev League history, young Sean Fuller almost singlehandedly turned another depressing FC game for Blue into a famous win. From a collapse that saw Blue tumble to 132 all out from 101/1, the bounce back saw victory by a massive 174 runs.

Spin undid the Blues in the first innings on their home turf at the PDV Dome, but it was the seam attack that fought back against Black. Black was reduced to 94/5 in their reply, but wonderful counterattacking play from Wilson and Dubb-Lynch helped push on to 284 all out, despite Fuller's 5 wickets. That represented a lead of 152 runs, and Camps was quickly dismissed to have Blue 10/1 and looking down the barrel.

Alas, taking a page from the book of Black, Simon Fitzsimmons attacked heartily for a good half-century, but could find no steady partner. The score was later 159/6 and the situation indeed dire. It was then that Fuller joined veteran Peter Young (then on 1) at the crease for the last exchanges of day two. He was dropped on 0 and 13 early and certainly made the chances count.

Some 188 runs later featured the fall of the next wicket, Young run out short of his hundred. Yet Fuller continued with the assistance of Sudeep Popat and added a further 155 runs. He reached his maiden FC hundred and continued to apply himself as he crossed 150. Eventually Blue declared at 534/9 and set a target of 383 runs from 113 overs remaining in the game.

Black entered the final day at 59/0, but could not carry through and wickets fell at opportune times. Wilson did smack his second half-century of the game, but was last out at 207.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 132 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 284 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 534 for 9 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 207 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 175 runs.

Man of the Match: SE Fuller

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Another professional team effort by Red and another loss for Green in its minor skid of late. Choosing to bat first on the Cricket Web Oval pitch, Green failed to grab their opportunity and were made to pay for it. Each Red bowler took at least one wicket and the effort was truly impressive - 258 all out.

The hosts then proceeded to rack up 383, behind a century from Dauth and half-tons from Stedman and Ghansar. Green did well to fight back from 256/2, but Red still took a commanding 125-run lead into the second innings. With that insurance, the bowlers found their stride again. Watt led the charge and was particularly instrumental in setting back the top order, then vice-captain Kyle Wright settled in and took 4 much-needed wickets to limit the chase to 59 for victory.

The Reds scored one run better, not losing a wicket whilst taking some 28.4 overs to win the game.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
Has there been any change to the order in which the OD's are being played? I'm not too fussed about dates, just wanting to make sure the OD schedule I have in the OD stats is still okay to use.
Green at Black and Red at Blue, then the 25Smash break.

After that, the schedule basically repeats the first half.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Twelve, surely? Some will be carrying drinks - at least according to what we did the last time around...
The 12th Test player will be released to play for his club, so it will likely be a benched rookie who will carry drinks.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Absoloute disaster of a batting display by Green. Only Goff, Verghese and Gray made solid contributions. Gave our bowlers nought to work with... time for some serious hard work in them nets, lads.

Sudeep

International Captain
Lovely.

Hopefully, we can continue such play.

Extremely pleased with personal performance as well, after missing a couple of matches. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Superb knocks from Young, Fuller and Popat - but we have only ourselves to blame for letting that one go - Fuller dropped four times. Good to see Mike in the runs again - the pace closet's looking a touch bare right now, though :(

biased indian

International Coach
M O M-> R.G. Verghese
some time it doesnt make any sense, there was some one who scored a century for the winning side but he was not M O M

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Happy with my FC form with the bat but I hope that I get a Smash match just to show the skipper what I can do, I missed out on the Smash final last year I hope I can get a game in the short form this year.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Superb knocks from Young, Fuller and Popat - but we have only ourselves to blame for letting that one go - Fuller dropped four times. Good to see Mike in the runs again - the pace closet's looking a touch bare right now, though :(
And no-one likes to see that, do they? :D