• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
disappointing last couple of games guys, the one dayer we really set it up so w ecould have scoired 280 300 but we struggled towards the end and in the four day we never really recovered from our early collapse..

we can bounce back guys

on a personal note very happy with my tonne against the ol team the reds, and happy with my form in the fc game with some runs there also but i would give them both up for wins in both games......

but i know we have a soldi team with a good understanding so we will bounce back...

bryce

International Regular
Travis_Teh said:
I was hitting the pitch really hard, all I wanted to do was hit the pitch hard and see how it played off the wicket.

Really well it seemed.
pun intended ?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AWESSSOOOOMMMEEEE!!!!! Demeza, you`re my hero :)

Great stuff boys, me very happy :D Go Blues!!!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff there Reds!!!

Very happy with the TEAM'S performance. When the bowlers need to step it up they do & when the batsman need to get going they do - it is great to watch. Now - Let's remember what happened last time we hit good form - WE CRASHED, let's not let that happen again. Work hard at it.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Great wins there REDS!

Well done to Hakon, Markus, Stedman for some great batting!

Wright, Kennet and Bennet also did some great stuff with the ball there, great areas. In fact all our bowlers did really well.

And well done to the higher batiing of the 2 middle order D boys, Dauthy, couple of good agressive knocks there. Well done!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Nnanden said:
AWESSSOOOOMMMEEEE!!!!! Demeza, you`re my hero :)

Great stuff boys, me very happy :D Go Blues!!!!!

Indeed you are mine, I wish to bowl along side of you.

Recover from injury quickly and safely :)

:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monday 14th February

CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

In a keenly contested game in difficult batting conditions, Red emerged victorious over Blue at the SCG. The conditions were murky at the start of the game, so Marc Robbins inserted Black for first use at the crease. Aside from Ash Chaulk, none of the top order looked very comfortable on the slow surface.

Toward the end Hing's cameo gave some impetus, but Black was made to settle for 243/7 with Butler unbeaten short of his half-century at the close. Red began fairly cautiously, but found a solid platform of 71 for the first wicket.

A couple of quick wickets then fell to Pickup, but Markus held his nerve and batted toward the close. He was run out short of his century, but the skipper and Sean Bennett saw the winning runs onto the board.

Man of the Match: I Markus

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

An expensive 5-wicket haul for Nathan Hoy was enough as Blue fell short in a chase of 289 for victory. Batting first on the bouncy PDV surface, Green lost a first ball wicket, but recovered well behind another Malone century and an unbeaten ton from Cricket Web XI captain Brendon Goff insired the sizeable total.

Blue was off to a careful start, yet runs came at a useful rate. Captain Liam Camps led the way with a half-century at the top of the innings, but found no consistent support. Cloete and Blackman got good starts, but neither pushed on and the innings began to unravel toward the end, when in excess of 8 per over was required.

Tom Halsey gave some hope with a Pietersenesque six over midwicket, but he was last out, yorked by Timewell to start the 49th over.

Man of the Match: NS Hoy

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Markus Out

Ian Markus will miss 13 game days with a hip injury. He sustained the injury whilst diving desperately, yet in vain for his crease against CW Black.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Potty Mouth Weber Suspended

Leg-spinning allrounder, Tarick Weber has been suspended for 2 games by the CWBCC for using abusive language toward Cricket Web Red captain, Marc Robbins. The incident was brought to light by a local tabloid and further investigation confirmed its occurrence. The suspension is effective immediately.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win again Greens :) back in the winning streak :) you have to do without me next 2 games :) but i will use them for some quality training! and ill be back with revange and a whole lot of wickets!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!

soon to be reclaiming our rightful place at the top of the tables.
We're just so great it's unbelievable, as we showed with another great win there :D

and tough luck, Fatty mate. We'll miss a player of your quality in our ranks.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
haha a golden duck for me followed by a record stand.... i must say im very dissapointed to miss out on runs there, great effort guys, you really showed your class :)

Solid effort by the bowlers, good to see Nathan back in the wickets, even if he was a little expensive. good spells also by timewell and Rose picking up 2 for 40 odd each.

Lets concentrate hard at training and build up that winning momentum again :)