• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'll be away at the beach from this evenig until Sunday evening, so I'd recommend captains to get their teams in early today (although the deadline for team submission is passed, so I can technically sim with an unchanged team) or else there will be no cricket for the next 3 (including today) days.
For those who didn't catch the notification. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
*missed the notification*

So he would be home right now, snug as a bug (in a rug) sleeping. 3 games tomororw, look for-ward to it :p :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
I think you're wrong Sean, the issue is, who is the best spinner from the North West of England in the dev league?

:p
*counts FC wickets this season*
*counts superkingdaves*
*realises that whilst I have one more wicket than Dave, he has better average, economy and strike rates*
*looks around for another spinner from North West to save embarressment from Dave*
:ph34r:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saturday 12th February

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A tremendous exhibition of death bowling by Kyle Wright sought to undermine a 168-run opening partnership between Andrew Garven and centurion Rob Malone (against his former club). The Greens were limited to 250/9 in 50 overs, as Wright inspired a collapse of 9 wickets for 65 runs toward the end.

The Red batting continued with the good impression. Markus gave urgency at the top of the innings, but he and Bennett were dismissed in quick succession. Stedman stayed around though and played the perfect opener's role, whilst Dauth was more aggressive and intent on scoring quickly. At the end Stedman and Dobson were the ones to see their team home.

Man of the Match: KS Wright

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

A very efficient batting performance and early wickets ensured a comfortable win for Black. In chasing 276 for victory, the Blues slid to 35/4 and were forced to rebuild. In the process, the required rate spiralled upward to almost 10 an over needed for the last 15.

In the middle overs, Simon Fitzsimmons and Sean Fuller had consolidated, but they could force on at the almost impossible rate toward the end. The admirable effort fell short by a clear 41 runs.

Man of the Match: Z Mohammed

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Our terrible form continues unabated. It's never a good sign when you use eight bowlers in a OD innings.

Fairly pleased with my batting though, given how I have failed in OD games so far this season.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Our terrible form continues unabated. It's never a good sign when you use eight bowlers in a OD innings.

Fairly pleased with my batting though, given how I have failed in OD games so far this season.

Especially when I am angrily bowling at test dummies in the nets....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
very dissapointing effort with the bat and ball...
After such a great start the middle and lower order played poorly..

We should have been looking at reaching at least 280-290 but poor shot selection cost us in the end..

Lets step up now a big 5D game coming up...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
GO REDS!!!!

Well played Blacks too, nice to see my tactics actually come off :) Top spell from Callum to blow out the Blue middle order.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
2 Match-fixing enquiries are taking place. One against NS Pickup after his comments reffering to the supporting of Cricket Web Red and the other against Cricket Web Green who did not play a wicketkeeper in the last One Day match. More news as we recive it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
How are either of those two things remotely attached to match fixing? Pickup wasn't playing against the Reds and Garven was wicketkeeping during our game, something he's done before this season already.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday 13th February

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Everything seemed rolling the way of Pickup and his men, when a determined Red effort in front of their home crowd inspired an unlikely win. Black inserted Red in murky conditions that saw most of the first session rained out. When they came to bat in such conditions, the Reds found it difficult to score runs and, despite solid contributions from Mørk, Markus, Dauth, Robbins and Bennett, 205 was the eventual score.

Pickup rediscovered his form and spun out the Reds tail for a hat-trick at the end to close with a very cheap 5-wicket haul.

As confident as ever Black proceeded to a 157-run lead behind half-centuries by Blackman, Kearsley and Hing. With that confidence, Black then reduced Red to 18/1 and looked in complete control. Alas, a will brings a way. Mørk as steadfast as ever anchored in for a 303-ball innings, whilst Markus, Dauth and Dobson compiled sufficiently quicker half-centuries and Red pushed on to 422 with contributions from most everyone.

On this occasion it was Bhatia who dominated with the ball, taking 6 wickets. Red set out to defend 265 runs with most of the final day still remaining. Indeed, a keen competition seemed on the cards. David Kennett quickly changed that.

On his way to 5 wickets, the veteran destroyed the Black top order at 37/5, before Zafar Mohammed and David Kearsley repaired the damage somewhat to 85. Yet on a difficult fifth day wicket, the quality of the Red pace attack continued to account for Black wickets and Red took the win by a comfortable 93 runs.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 205 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 362 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 422 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 172 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 93 runs.

Man of the Match: DM Kennett

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A blitz of 12 wickets for Travis Demeza left the Greens completely stunned as they sunk to a rare defeat in recent weeks. Demeza bowled with genuine pace and aggression and had Green reeling at 66/7. Rob Malone and Tarick Weber played exceptionally well to recover, but Demeza finished with 8 wickets and Green was 203 all out.

The collapse came in response to Blue's 406 all out batting first on the CWBCC wicket. Simon Fitzsimmons and Liam Camps scored half-centuries and put on 118 for the first wicket, then de Silva, Fuller and Popat made contributions toward the total. With a lead of 203, Blue enforced the follow on.

In response Green took the path of aggression, yet only Alex Feeney and Bryce Cunningham registered half-centuries. Having been smashed around the park for the majority of the innings, Demeza returned in his last spell to take 4 wickets and bring the Green innings to a swift close.

This set a meagre target of 42 for Blue, which they achieved shakily whilst losing 4 wickets.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 406 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 203 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 244 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 44 for 4
Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: TJ Demeza

Attachments

cbuts

International Debutant
good win black. man i have played to od games for black and been run out twice. whats happening?

ps. liam whats happened to the games for the 14th?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cbuts said:
good win black. man i have played to od games for black and been run out twice. whats happening?

ps. liam whats happened to the games for the 14th?
YOU LOST TO US! :p

Magnificent effort, team. That second dig was absolutely outstanding - granted, Wilson bowled some absolute tripe, but we saw off the other bowlers well (except Bhatia - who mainly got tail-enders anyway)