• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
well this is fun. im injured again, and im bowling bloody crap. so many extras... somebody shoot me. im glad im injured, could only help the team the way im going. i hold myself just less than entirely responsible for the loss, pathetic stuff.

well bowled to the rest of you, and well batted to most of you, everyone getting starts. good luck with the upcoming matches, some good indicators even with the loss :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nnanden said:
well this is fun. im injured again, and im bowling bloody crap. so many extras... somebody shoot me. im glad im injured, could only help the team the way im going. i hold myself just less than entirely responsible for the loss, pathetic stuff.

well bowled to the rest of you, and well batted to most of you, everyone getting starts. good luck with the upcoming matches, some good indicators even with the loss :)
Take heart from Gooljar - played awful in the first one or two games, we didn't play him for about four or five games after that, brought him back in and he took a five-fer in one game and two wickets in the next, and now he's got one of the best averages in the Dev League. :D

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Never good to lose, but atleast we didn't really play that badly, except for the running between wickets. I was happy with my game though, my highest OD score I believe?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
There was the consideration of you batting down the order, but the form listing had Wilshere higher than you.
Speaking of form, is there any way we could find out how we're going in that respect at any given time? As part of the stats update or something?

I'm curious to see just how out of form I am. :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Kind of shows my point...
ooh yeah? catching isnt hard my fielding rating is 15!...i dont see ur point, ur talking so much crap mate....serious.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That is very much the point. If there's no one worthy of replacing...
There was the consideration of you batting down the order, but the form listing had Wilshere higher than you. Wilshere also averages more than 4 runs more than you despite scoring 22 in the last game.

I'm not saying you're out of the picture, but at the time that particular move was made.
a career of service to CW Blue, only to be ousted by a rookie whos averaging marginally better than me over a small period of time, im shattered, wheres the respect...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
a career of service to CW Blue, only to be ousted by a rookie whos averaging marginally better than me over a small period of time, im shattered, wheres the respect...
Simon your career average is less than 25! Blue doesn't exactly have the luxury of carrying just any players in their top order. However, as you're clearly distraught, you shall be reinstated to the OD team for a permanent spot.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Simon your career average is less than 25! Blue doesn't exactly have the luxury of carrying just any players in their top order. However, as you're clearly distraught, you shall be reinstated to the OD team for a permanent spot.
I'm distraught too, reinstate me. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'll be away at the beach from this evenig until Sunday evening, so I'd recommend captains to get their teams in early today (although the deadline for team submission is passed, so I can technically sim with an unchanged team) or else there will be no cricket for the next 3 (including today) days.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'll be away at the beach from this evenig until Sunday evening, so I'd recommend captains to get their teams in early today (although the deadline for team submission is passed, so I can technically sim with an unchanged team) or else there will be no cricket for the next 3 (including today) days.
I'm sticking with the current line-ups. I have faith in my selections.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kwek said:
ooh yeah? catching isnt hard my fielding rating is 15!...i dont see ur point, ur talking so much crap mate....serious.
Since you're a rookie, I'm not surprised you don't see it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Friday 11th February

CW Blue v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Another ridiculous display of batting by the Blues in their second innings left captain Liam Camps speechless at the post-match ceremony. The poor turned to worse when the Blues lost a position of full control against the Reds to collapse to defeat by 95 runs.

With 65 runs lead on first innings (due largely to a maiden de Silva hundred), Blue limited Red to 86/4 in their second innings and looked to be cruising to victory when (yet again!) the bowling let the game slip further than it should have. Captain Robbins played beautifully but fell just short of his century. He was well supported by half-centuries by Dobson and Ghansar as Red pushed on to 346 to the dismay of the Blues.

In search of 282 to win, Blue tried to reverse the negativity and started with positive intent, taking 23 off Watt's first two overs. Fitzsimmons was caught at slip, but Cloete came to the crease and the party and the score was later moved to 144/2. Blue looked in total control once more but then the familiar madness set in.

The last 8 Blue wickets tumbled for 42 runs and 4 of the last 6 batsmen did not score. The Reds just simply strung the Blue batsmen up at will, and the big three seamers shared 9 wickets.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 237 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 302 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 346 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 186 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 95 runs.

Man of the Match: MJ Robbins

CW Black v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

The juggernaut rolled on, as the Greens continued their spectacular reversal of form with another impressive win over keen rivals Black. This time it was the Green batting that applied the pressure in pushing for victory.

Nicholas Rose played a top hundred in the first innings, whilst Feeney, Goff, Verghese and Gray contributed stroke-filled scores. Black lost Loc in the first over, but Blackman and Butler recovered well. Ultimately though, it was a 2-inning effort for Black.

Only Butler and Mohammed got in for a really good score, though Hing played well with the tail. The Green attack shared the wickets about nicely to claim a lead of 175 on first innings. With that confidence, Goff led another positive batting effort and a declaration was enabled at 289/6 with more than a session and a day remaining.

The Black top order tried to apply themselves for a rescue mission, but could not resist the inevitable. Another disciplined team effort by Green finished the game off before tea on the last day.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 451 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 276 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 289 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 208 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 256 runs.

Man of the Match: S Bhatia

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pre-Beach Break Standings

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy[/B]						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts
Cricket Web Green	10	8	2	0	0	240
Cricket Web Black	10	6	3	1	0	195
Cricket Web Red		10	3	5	2	0	120
Cricket Web Blue	10	1	8	1	0	45

[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Green	9	6	3	4	28	0.23
Cricket Web Black	9	5	4	3	23	-0.14
Cricket Web Blue	9	3	6	8	20	0.17
Cricket Web Red		9	4	5	3	19	-0.23

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One day the batting collapses, and the next the bowling doesn't turn up - barring Sangrah first time around, the only thing that performance would be good for would be playing Blue.

Come on lads :(