• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cmon Blues, lets go out there and lead from the front!

time for the senior players to stand up, im lookin at you Simon :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
also, pretty happy by my and the teams early form in the warm-up matches, some good youngsters in the team methinks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This will officially be my first class debut (due to the practice games not being given FC status), so I hope I can covert some of these starts Ive been getting. I think Ive only failed in one innings of the practice games, yet my highest score was only in the mid 30's.

I was pleased with my bowling in the one game I bowled though. By the looks of the commentary I really troubled the batsmen (hint hint captain...).

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Cant wait for the start of the season for the blacks hopefully i can make a few runs as opener to continue on with the century i made in the practice match, our bowling seems strong but we need someone to make a century for us to win.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Thrilled about making my FC debut in the first match of the season. Hopefully I can carry over my form from the warm-up matches and make an impact.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
24th January 2005 - OPENING DAY!

And we're off...

Competitive portions to each game, but overall the victorious teams took their respective games by overwhelming margins.

The clutch performances came from the veterans Kyle Wright and Sangrah Bhatia, but the youth contingent also definitely made themselves known. The likes of Zafar Mohammed and Mike Wilson were especially spectacular.

CW Black v CW Green
at the SCG

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 376 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 283 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 239 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 118 all out
Cricket Web Black won by

CW Blue v CW Red
at the PDV Dome

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 212 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 261 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 183 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 135 for 2
Cricket Web Red won by 8 wkts.

Attachments

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yes!, great win fella's first up. great performances from Mørk, Wright and Dauth, hope we have many more wins this season. Very excited about making my Reds OD debut tomorrow. :happy:

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good win Blacks.... Great game by Z Mohammed and still we got work to do if were gonna press for the championship. Dissapointed with my efforts with the williow.... as im now one of the 'senior' players in this line up.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Also must mention great economical bowling by Dave Richards... in the 2nd innings he bolwed 6 overs for 0 runs with 6 maidens :) congrats

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
disapointing with the bat but picking up a 5 for and then 3 wickets in the 2nd dig was nice, great win blacks and very well played Mohammed!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Very Disappointing start for the Greens to fall 214 runs short. Hopefully we can turn things around in the next match. Pretty happy with my match from a personal point of view, (28*, 3-67 and 4-49). Bring on the next match!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing loss. I think mostly our batting let us down, with only four people managing double figures in the second innings, and only one half century each time up. The bowling was pretty solid for the most part.

Happy with my own form, getting a few wickets and a fifty, not to mention a rare pair of catches!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dissapointing performance from me.

I think the batting let Blue down, especially the second innings. Our bowling was pretty good though.

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
The Reds won. But sorta disappointed with my batting. Except for the quick 49 in the last practice game, I havent been able to get going. Cant complain about an 8 wicket win though !

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just noticed this aswell...

Partnership between Mørk [9 off 105] & Dauth [43 off 60] is now worth 50 runs.

I told you we'd make a great partnership! :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tough match first up for Green really testing our depth and our rookies out. Started out very slowly allowing Black to reach 376. at 6/205 we were looking good but let them get away from us :(. The First innings batting was good, Cunningham scoring 95 the obvious star.

the 2nd innings was the opposite with our bowling dramatically improving, the quicks doing the job well on what seemed a pitch that would prefer the spinners.

unfortunatley our batting did not stand up in the 2nd innnings with the black bowlers bowling well. Weber was brilliant lasting 129 balls for his 46, unfortunatley he recieved no support.

plenty of signs of promise for the coming season, plenty of hard work too ;) with that im sure results will show dramatic improvement very quickly :)