• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hooray the boat has found the drop off point

and the flame is passed to mauresmo

those in the boat got a good old soaking for no reason whatsoever :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Let’s have a hesitant hug

Paris been evacuated ?

this cauldron better be special. Those steps looked slippy , could have been a claim there

as a fashion statement , I think the socks were an error. I hope that old fella survives the night having belting rain on him for about half an hour

ooh the cauldron is the basket of a balloon. I’ve got my doubts about that flame effect, look out if you are in Brighton , it maybe on its way , if this weather keeps up

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
Also it's about fame and honour. Not saying such individuals, once sentences are complete, should be prevented from having a job but the fact he could become a medal winning hero, with the potential benefits that would give him, is just wrong imo.
Yeah Idk personally I think of it the same as say the Danny Mastertom thing (obviously there are degrees yeah). When he is released I hope he’s able to return to acting, and people will be able to hire him if they really want to - to their detriment re: publicity/money ofc.

I guess I’m just able to seperate the accomplishments of a person - whether in sports, film, or otherwise - from the actual person and their actions and just look at their contribution to their field. I can understand the other point of view.

I would sincerely hope if the Dutch do win beach volleyball he won’t be making commercials or featuring on cereal boxes.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Wonder how Serena, Rafa and Carl Lewis are doing ?

on a drip for Hypothermia?

my telly gave its verdict and switched itself off :D Im clueless how to prevent it doing that

somebody is bound to take a shot at that balloon

Michael Johnson in the studio and I loved watching him run and Rebecca has turned up in her onesie pyjamas

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Someone asked who was on the boat , it was Nadia Comeneche, I’ve spelt it wrong but iirc she was a gymnast

with Rafa , Serena and Carl Lewis

@SillyCowCorner1

Breakdancing
Dates: August 9th to 10th / Venue: Place de la Concorde

Finals: August 9th: Women's final / August 10th: Men's final

marked on my Calender .

Last edited: