• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would this be the greatest test series win of all time if NZ win?

Slifer

International Captain
Pakistan went 15 year unbeaten 80 to 95. India 13 years from 87 to 2000. However neither won as many games as Kohlis team.
Those were impressive but did include a few draws. As far as I recall, Australia only drew with India and NZ and WI only drew once with Pakistan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dont think one series loss in 12 or 13 years will make India any less greater as a home side. They are still the greatest home side ever and the India under Kohli still the 3rd greatest test team I have seen in my lifetime.

salty's cope is always funny though.
Losing does make you less great than not losing so your first sentence is wrong tbh.

Agree with the rest though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
On paper and statistically, absolutely.

But this Indian side has been pretty poor. Clearly not as much pride about keeping the home streak alive, and having one eye forward to the BGT which on the basis of this, they're going to get annihilated in.

Massive achievement by us but I wouldn't say we've played well enough as a collective to say it's near the best in history.

subshakerz

International Coach
On paper and statistically, absolutely.

But this Indian side has been pretty poor. Clearly not as much pride about keeping the home streak alive, and having one eye forward to the BGT which on the basis of this, they're going to get annihilated in.

Massive achievement by us but I wouldn't say we've played well enough as a collective to say it's near the best in history.
This is a very good Indian team that has played below their level of cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a very good Indian team that has played below their level of cricket.
Yep that's essentially my point. Well below.

My point also is that it hasn't happened in the main part because we didn't allow them to play at their level. They've quite often self exploded.

Absolutely stoked with my team, of course, and I think we struck India at the perfect time

subshakerz

International Coach
So yeah, the one that drew two series in that timeframe unlike none like India.
Sure if that is the metric, India won all their series. I don't think Aus can be faulted for drawing a rain affected one. I will grant you the draw against India in 2004.

I just think on a match to match basis, Australia were harder to beat than India. They only lost two games in that whole time with many more whitewashes.