• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would this be the greatest test series win of all time if NZ win?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Sure if that is the metric, India won all their series. I don't think Aus can be faulted for drawing a rain affected one. I will grant you the draw against India in 2004.

I just think on a match to match basis, Australia were harder to beat than India. They only lost two games in that whole time with many more whitewashes.
Sure, but the result is heavily in favour of India. Much fewer whitewashed, but we won everything unlike them. A 12 years long run of not just losing no series, but winning everyone as well. Imo, it's just much more impressive.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sure, but the result is heavily in favour of India. Much fewer whitewashed, but we won everything unlike them. A 12 years long run of not just losing no series, but winning everyone as well. Imo, it's just much more impressive.
Stop being hyperbolic. I consider losing only 2 tests and barely even conceding draws in eight years more impressive. But I am fine with those who favor India but it's not like a obvious thing.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I miss draws. Everyone's about ***y wins these days. The good ol' boring draw has been forgotten. I wish some team plays exclusively to draw Test matches.
That's what the Pakistani groundsmen were trying to do before they lost the 1st against England, then they played to win. Zindabad Groundsmen!

Flem274*

123/5
Can't really take the underestimation/played below their level chat seriously.

"Oh nah bro I could have won just too cool to try haha"

India's batting (like many sides) has been wobbly for years and Ashwin/Jadeja are of a vintage where they will slowly lose consistency. This result was always possible (against anyone) if not addressed.

NZ got dicked by Bangers at the Mount. Not due to being too cool, but because that level of inconsistency across a season was their new level.

It also takes away from the likes of Washington, Jaiswal, Pant etc who have played really well at times.

ma1978

International Debutant
Can't really take the underestimation/played below their level chat seriously.

"Oh nah bro I could have won just too cool to try haha"

India's batting (like many sides) has been wobbly for years and Ashwin/Jadeja are of a vintage where they will slowly lose consistency. This result was always possible (against anyone) if not addressed.

NZ got dicked by Bangers at the Mount. Not due to being too cool, but because that level of inconsistency across a season was their new level.

It also takes away from the likes of Washington, Jaiswal, Pant etc who have played really well at times.
this

bankruptcy happens slowly, then suddenly

Rohit and Kohli are cooked, Jadeja and Ashwin ain’t what they used to be (though still very good)

Time for a reset and positively from India’s perspective the talent is there to do that quickly

ma1978

International Debutant
Prime Australia went 4-5 against mich weaker Indian teams (1998 to 2004). They would have been trounced against this team at its prime.

subshakerz

International Coach
Prime Australia went 4-5 against mich weaker Indian teams (1998 to 2004). They would have been trounced against this team at its prime.
You can't include 98. They didn't have either McGrath or Gillespie then. No Gilly, Hayden, Langer either. The two relevant series are 2001 (freak loss) and 2004/5 (fairly comfortable win).

subshakerz

International Coach
India's best Home XI during the unbeaten home era (2013-2024)

1.Rohit Sharma
2.Murali Vijay
3.Cheteshwar Pujara
4.Virat Kohli
5.Ajinkya Rahane
6.Ravindra Jadeja
7.Risabh Pant (WK)
8.R.Ashwin
9.Mohammad Shami
10.Umesh Yadav
11.Jasprit Bumrah
Honestly, India seem better when Kuldeep is in the attack too.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
India's best Home XI during the unbeaten home era (2013-2024)

1.Rohit Sharma
2.Murali Vijay
3.Cheteshwar Pujara
4.Virat Kohli
5.Ajinkya Rahane
6.Ravindra Jadeja
7.Risabh Pant (WK)
8.R.Ashwin
9.Mohammad Shami
10.Umesh Yadav
11.Jasprit Bumrah
I will already include Jaiswal for Vijay. Vijay was mostly really good away, but think Jaiswal has done enough at home already.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
You can't include 98. They didn't have either McGrath or Gillespie then. No Gilly, Hayden, Langer either. The two relevant series are 2001 (freak loss) and 2004/5 (fairly comfortable win).
Then can't include 2005 India as well, we didn't had Tendulkar.