• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jiocinema has the entire series free for those living in India. So if you can manage that, you can watch the full match highlights as well. They do a cut of all 5 days 10/15 min highlight packages together.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Is already going to happen. But that's fine. On a pitch that offered something for everyone the got hammered. They need spinning pitches if they want to come back into the series
I think India should be fine as long as they continue the basics of what they've done in the past few years winning everything at home. They just got complacent because it's New Zealand but I don't think they would be anymore looking at how NZ punched above their weight this test.

Frost

U19 Debutant
:laugh: heard of bitter due to your team losing but why bitter **** after your team won?
Who's bitter? Just call it how I see it. If india don't do everything to help out there team at home( like many other teams btw) then that's on them. The next two pitches will be ragging turners. Basically nz batsmen will have to step up to and carry the team

the big bambino

International Captain
How persistent was the cloud cover in this test? From reading the commentary, the new ball played pranks throughout the game while the batsman piled on runs in between. I suppose cloud have randomly appeared whenever the new ball was due, but the the difference in assistance the bowlers were getting between new and old balls seemed quite noticeable in this game.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
People are massively overplaying the toss call. Both teams said they'd have batted, neither knew there was gonna be that amount of inconsistent bounce and 22+ overs of extreme seam movement.
Indian batting is at it's weakest in the last 3 decades at least. We are frankly awful when it nips around. Batting first after thunder showers was a clear over estimation of their capabilities. Bangalore and a lot of southern India has a history of showers and floods in the later part of the year. It is pelting down here near the stadium as I type this.

It was still acceptable for Latham to say so and do so in case he won the toss as he isn't as much aware of the local weather as the Indian team management should be.

Indian team was rightly praised after the Kanpur test for the way they approached the game after a few days were washed off. Now it is their turn to cope up with some much deserved criticism.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If so, you'd have to hope and pray it isn't Santner that we bring in for Southee, on the premise that he can bat a bit. Sodhi, Phillips and Patel gives us a nice variety, with Rachin if he has to bowl, too
Batting averages with averages in Asia in brackets

Santner 24.43 (24.6)
Sodhi 21.84 (24.4)
Henry 21.71 (27.25)

Surely Sodhi instead of Santner one hopes

Xix2565

International Regular
How persistent was the cloud cover in this test? From reading the commentary, the new ball played pranks throughout the game while the batsman piled on runs in between. I suppose cloud have randomly appeared whenever the new ball was due, but the the difference in assistance the bowlers were getting between new and old balls seemed quite noticeable in this game.
Cloud cover doesn't matter too much with seam movement, which NZ bowlers got more often because they took a lot of the wickets with the hard new ball and on a pitch which hadn't really lost all the moisture on the surface. India didn't get the same bowling conditions a lot and when they did, they couldn't get things to fall their way.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Cloud cover doesn't matter too much with seam movement, which NZ bowlers got more often because they took a lot of the wickets with the hard new ball and on a pitch which hadn't really lost all the moisture on the surface. India didn't get the same bowling conditions a lot and when they did, they couldn't get things to fall their way.
It is also significant that NZ had 3 seamers, whereas India had just 2 so pressure could be applied for longer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Who's bitter? Just call it how I see it. If india don't do everything to help out there team at home( like many other teams btw) then that's on them. The next two pitches will be ragging turners. Basically nz batsmen will have to step up to and carry the team
You called this pitch "offering something for everyone". That is the bitter part. :laugh:

Anyways no point in engaging further.

Xix2565

International Regular
It is also significant that NZ had 3 seamers, whereas India had just 2 so pressure could be applied for longer.
This too, NZ had a better suited attack to keep runs down when the ball was seaming. On the flip side, it doesn't seem like they have great options when the ball is older and not moving off the seam that much, though if it's reading too much into how things played out that's fair to say.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I would pick Sodhi for Southee tbh.

But then again, Southee's knock was the difference between a win and a loss probably for you guys here inspite of the 46 all out. So... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I don't think a single one of us would have seen that coming...but a responsible, odds-playing Tim Southee innings was very close to the difference between a loss and victory on the subcontinent. Crazy.

We have to give credit where it's due. That might be the best proper cricket innings of his international career. The 77 on debut was a bunch of heaves to leg in a losing cause, the 70 odd v England was a bunch of 'we've lost so I'm going to heave' slogs but this was mostly proper cricket at a critical time.

As we've always said and noticed, Southee does his best when threatened, or just been dropped.