• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

King Kane

International Regular
Apparently the rain has stopped there, it's just the wet outfield delaying play, hopefully they get out there soon as the weather looks worse after lunch.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be surprised if there is any play today. Showers forecast all day.
Forecast I saw says it's due to be cloudy till 1, at which point we'll get another thundershower, that should clear up by 3. So maybe 35-45 overs depending on how quick they can get play started.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Forecast I saw says it's due to be cloudy till 1, at which point we'll get another thundershower, that should clear up by 3. So maybe 35-45 overs depending on how quick they can get play started.
If Nz are smart they will have someone on the ground keeping an eye on the Indian groundstaff

ataraxia

International Coach
Bit annoying that our openers are locked in at this point IMO. If not, I'd send out Henry to have a swing because if he were to hit three quick boundaries or so that would absolutely sap India.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bit annoying that our openers are locked in at this point IMO. If not, I'd send out Henry to have a swing because if he were to hit three quick boundaries or so that would absolutely sap India.
Let's not have a repeat of the '06 Mills incident please. If NZ want to send someone up the order to juice up the run rate I'd nominate Phillips.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Play starting in about 20 minutes. 2 hour and 15 minute session. Given the forecast is for more rain after lunch you suspect NZ might try and get this wrapped up before the break. Does anyone know if they're allowed to extend the session breaks by a half hour if a match is about to be finished like they can for when a team is 9 down?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I wouldn't get too overly confident here , 2 or 3 early wickets and India are right in the game. Chasing any total on a day 5 Indian pitch is not easy, and you'd expect some juice in the wicket for Bumrah and Siraj after the rain delay.

Spark

Global Moderator
I wouldn't get too overly confident here , 2 or 3 early wickets and India are right in the game. Chasing any total on a day 5 Indian pitch is not easy, and you'd expect some juice in the wicket for Bumrah and Siraj after the rain delay.
Never mind it being a 5th day Indian pitch, this might as well be Day 1 Trent Bridge under heavy skies with this movement