• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

thundaboult

International Debutant
If/when we lose I might just stop watching until Stead goes and they start actually nailing the door shut on teams. This is ridiculous. They're supposedly paid money to win a game 350 in front.
My sentiments exactly. How much more of an advantage do you need to get a job done. I actually expect this lot to win world cups....that's the respect, belief and confidence in them. Shambles.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean, India are entitled to bat well on a pretty flat deck, especially given we scored over 400. I don't feel as dire and desperate as other NZ posters might be.

Just a frustration that this side doesn't seem to be a particularly intelligent one. Very few maidens, bowled poorly to Sarfaraz, then obviously missed that significant opportunity because of a lazy/poor throw

Moss

International Captain
This is why you gotta love test cricket. None of the events of the last couple of days could have been that easily foreseen (despite what CW posters might claim, ha ha). As a NZ fan obviously disappointed in the manner they seem to have shot their load, but again you never know of a possible regroup after this rain break.

Moss

International Captain
I know a lot of posters here don't rate Williamson in India, but we are missing his calmness here. He would be better at slowing things down etc
Yeah he’s usually a good man to have when the opposition is running away with things. Recalling his calmness when Stoinis was hitting that ridiculous hundred in the NZ ODI and on the verge of stealing the game. And during that Jadeja-Dhoni partnership in the 2019 SF when they were uncomfortably close.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he’s usually a good man to have when the opposition is running away with things. Recalling his calmness when Stoinis was hitting that ridiculous hundred in the NZ ODI and on the verge of stealing the game. And during that Jadeja-Dhoni partnership in the 2019 SF when they were uncomfortably close.
Not to mention the manner in which him and Ross batted in partnership, which I know personally at the time was poorly timed in its pace but ended up being perfect

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Sarfaraz can cope with swing I can see him doing really, really well in England tbh.
He could have a chance if he uses the third man region as a legit scoring option like he did today. The worst thing that can happen is if someone tells him you need to play in the V in England.

King Kane

International Regular
Not to mention the manner in which him and Ross batted in partnership, which I know personally at the time was poorly timed in its pace but ended up being perfect
They steadied the ship with a solid partnership too when we looked like getting the wobbles chasing down India's lead to win the first WTC trophy.

Spark

Global Moderator
He could have a chance if he uses the third man region as a legit scoring option like he did today. The worst thing that can happen is if someone tells him you need to play in the V in England.
Yeah that's mostly what motivated me to make that post, it's a very productive scoring option in England.