• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
If a bowler's-end call came it could only have been from the bowler (Henry) as the other infielders weren't as involved. Or it might just have been Blundell only.

Anyway, it was a mess all round.

Time to introduce some different bowlers, probably.
Henry actually points at the keeper's end.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember not so long ago when he was playing in the domestics and he got a century and pointed his bat at a National selector (?)

And they still didn’t pick him in the test squad

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah I think he just decided on his own that it was bowler's end. If you look at what he does after he collects the ball, he never even looks at the keeper's end - it doesn't seem to occur to him that the opportunity is at his end and Sarfaraz was never in danger.
Fair enough. I still wonder about that because he was no chance throwing to the bowler's with a glove on. I've watched it a few times now and it looks like he's only thinking of staying at the stumps, then sees it's a **** throw, completely forgets about his stumps and thinks his only option is the bowler's.

There's every chance that's the turning point in the Test. We absolutely need wickets before the new ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair enough. I still wonder about that because he was no chance throwing to the bowler's with a glove on. I've watched it a few times now and it looks like he's only thinking of staying at the stumps, then sees it's a **** throw, completely forgets about his stumps and thinks his only option is the bowler's.

There's every chance that's the turning point in the Test. We absolutely need wickets before the new ball.
Yeah this is what I mean about lacking game awareness. He just sees the throw being loopy and thinks he has to rush out and get it without taking anything else into consideration.

King Kane

International Regular
Not only was that missed run out chance terrible fielding on our part it was terrible running from Pant as well.

Like Ravi Shastri said Sarfaraz was doing a rain dance telling him to go back but Pant took a long time to respond and go back, comical all round.

Meridio

International Regular
Jfc I thought some of the commentary about India's position at the start of the day to be way over the top but we have been utterly awful here. Garbage tactics and poor fielding and suddenly it looks like India will be ahead before tea.
Oh look Southee bowls a normal ball and it suddenly pops off a length. As they have all game, there's variable bounce, why are we bowling other **** instead?

King Kane

International Regular
It's looking quite gloomy there, a rain break now might actually do us a favour, give us a chance to regroup and halt India's momentum.

Pant is starting to click into gear now too.