• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
Smithy typically stubborn and won't look at the fact that throw would've taken Inspector Gadget's arms to reel in :laugh:
Yeah but it still would have been better than what he did. He basically made it impossible to affect any run out at the keeper's end.

Meridio

International Regular
Ok I don't think that's a good throw, well wide of the stumps but a step to the left from Blundell there and he's still gathering it with enough time to get back to the stumps. Shambles all around

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah my first instinct was to ask "who was that with the pea shooter arm" but by the same token, the keeper shouldn't be haring out like that. It's coming to his end!
I think it was a combination of things. Blundell left his post at the stumps because the throw was crap - the technique Conway used was awful. Way off balance. And someone probably said bowler's as well. If it's a good throw, at least he can make the decision at the stumps.

I don't know who the second Indian commentator is but he is spot on.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it was a combination of things. Blundell left his post at the stumps because the throw was crap - the technique Conway used was awful. Way off balance. And someone probably said bowler's as well. If it's a good throw, at least he can make the decision at the stumps.

I don't know who the second Indian commentator is but he is spot on.
Is Conway usually like this in the field? He made a meal of a boundary stop earlier as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
I wish the commentaries would shut up on the replays so we could hear if there was any call
Just watching the NZ fielders in the replays, I suspect there wasn't - they all seemed extremely passive and just spectating rather than attempting to direct attention to the opportunity.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Conway usually like this in the field? He made a meal of a boundary stop earlier as well.
Not one of the better fielders in the side, he's not particularly athletic. But nor is he a poor one, generally takes things that come to him.

If someone had called bowler's, you'd expect Blundell would have taken a glove off to throw, but he didn't. So I think he just felt he had to go out to it because it was a **** throw. Even if he'd stayed back, he would have had to go a few steps out to get it and underarm it from there

Meridio

International Regular
Just watching the NZ fielders in the replays, I suspect there wasn't - they all seemed extremely passive and just spectating rather than just to direct attention to the opportunity.
I think there might have been - Pant was jogging the first run so they possibly thought there'd be a chance at the bowler's end if going for 2. Regardless, it's a totally botched opportunity that shouldn't happen at this level

Spark

Global Moderator
Not one of the better fielders in the side, he's not particularly athletic. But nor is he a poor one, generally takes things that come to him.

If someone had called bowler's, you'd expect Blundell would have taken a glove off to throw, but he didn't. So I think he just felt he had to go out to it because it was a **** throw. Even if he'd stayed back, he would have had to go a few steps out to get it and underarm it from there
Nah I think he just decided on his own that it was bowler's end. If you look at what he does after he collects the ball, he never even looks at the keeper's end - it doesn't seem to occur to him that the opportunity is at his end and Sarfaraz was never in danger. That's why he never lets go of the ball.

I honestly just think he's lost all game awareness and just got complete tunnel vision on the ball because the throw was weak.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If a bowler's-end call came it could only have been from the bowler (Henry) as the other infielders weren't as involved. Or it might just have been Blundell only.

Anyway, it was a mess all round.

Time to introduce some different bowlers, probably.