• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Moss

International Captain
Shows how bloody hard it is to win in India these days. Usually takes a freakish performance by a couple of individuals or sometimes a raging turner which brings opp spinners into the game. Even an extraordinary day 1 performance like NZ doesn’t necessarily shut the door completely.

Still a strong position for NZ, hopefully they come out with some solid bowling plans tomorrow. Glad Rachin’s provided one for the memory album.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Still, good portents for the rest of the series. The NZ bowling just does not have the juice to bowl India out for a low score on a subcontinental track.
Sodhi is going to be there for the 2nd and 3rd tests (replacing Bracewell whose wife is due to have a baby) and might be an option to bring in.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Shows how bloody hard it is to win in India these days. Usually takes a freakish performance by a couple of individuals or sometimes a raging turner which brings opp spinners into the game. Even an extraordinary day 1 performance like NZ doesn’t necessarily shut the door completely.

Still a strong position for NZ, hopefully they come out with some solid bowling plans tomorrow. Glad Rachin’s provided one for the memory album.
I love how utterly spent the players look walking off in near-twilight after a hard day of Test cricket in India. It's a wonder anyone shows up to the ground the next morning.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone here actually think we are coming back from that 1st innings horror show? This match is over for all intents and purposes and will be actually done before the end of Day 4.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
It was raining in Bangalore a hour ago .

Overcast condition so NZ can bundled out india till lunch .

If india can negotiate forst session then game is on !

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
It was raining in Bangalore a hour ago .

Overcast condition so NZ can bundled out india till lunch .

If india can negotiate forst session then game is on !
India's 1st innings was more due to seam and bounce off the pitch rather than overcast conditions.

It was overcast for large periods of India's innings yesterday.

Plus it's a 50 over ball now.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the biggest first innings deficit ever for a team who's gone on to win?
Irrelevant to this game, I reckon.

The way I see it unfolding is if we can get 2-3 by the new ball, let's say they've gone close to erasing the deficit, then O'Rourke gets a couple with the second new ball, and we wrap it up with about 100 to chase. Which we knock over 4-5 down.

But if we don't get any before the new ball, then I'll start to get nervous.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am just gonna harp on the dropped catches simply because, if nothing else, it shows how important catching is, that we could have been all out for 46 with an absolute batting horror show, yet bowled out NZ for 180 and by now been about a 100 ahead with only 3 down, which is a great situation in India in the 3rd innings.

Instead we are staring down an innings defeat still.

Catching and fielding are just so so vital in every format of the game.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I am just gonna harp on the dropped catches simply because, if nothing else, it shows how important catching is, that we could have been all out for 46 with an absolute batting horror show, yet bowled out NZ for 180 and by now been about a 100 ahead with only 3 down, which is a great situation in India in the 3rd innings.

Instead we are staring down an innings defeat still.

Catching and fielding are just so so vital in every format of the game.
Honest question because I didn't watch the 3rd day past the first wicket partnership, who got dropped & at what stage? I know Latham nicked one through the cordon early, but didn't cash in

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest question because I didn't watch the 3rd day past the first wicket partnership, who got dropped & at what stage? I know Latham nicked one through the cordon early, but didn't cash in
Rohit dropped 2, Rahul dropped 1, Pant dropped 1 and then missed a stumping. 5 chances. We take those, you are probably 150/8 than 180/3 at the end of day 1.

NZ played brilliantly and I am only speaking from an Indian PoV here. But they did offer those chances and we could not take them. And they ran us ragged instead.