• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Coronis

International Coach
IMG_0971.jpeg

Saw this and couldn’t help thinking it might make a decent thread.

My easy one: Viv Richards isn’t a top 10 test batsman of all time (he’s barely top 15)/Ken Barrington > Viv Richards

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's at least two other threads that are fairly recent that you could have used. And that combined with your use of that screenshot means that my unpopular opinion is that you should have a six-month ban.

Last edited:

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Nothing major I can think of right now, but a few small ones:
1) Viv Richards ≈ Sunil Gavaskar
2) Wridhiman Saha>Syed Kirmani
3) Steve Waugh>Ricky Ponting ≈ Rahul Dravid
4) I actually rate pre 1900 players
5) Dennis Lillee ≈ Ray Lindwall
6) Michael Holding>Fred Trueman
7) While making a team, I would prefer to take Gilchrist, Sangakkara, Walcott, de Villiers, Flower, Ames, Knott, Watling, Waite, Dhoni, Pant, Cameron, de Kock, Engineer, Lindsay, Prior, Stewart; in that order as WK.

Coronis

International Coach
There's at least two other threads that are fairly recent that you could have used. And that combined with your use of that screenshot means that my unpopular opinion is that you should have a six-month ban.
mb mate. I searched for “opinion” in thread titles rather than “opinions”. Seems counterintuitive that the “opinions” don’t show up when you search “opinion”.

I’ll cop a 6 day ban if you want. I need a blemish on this record.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Mine are a bit wild but not that unpopular really

1) Curtly Ambrose is the greatest Fast Bowler of all time
2) Ben Stokes isn't on the same level as Andrew Flintoff & Ian Botham. And has lived off 2019 innings
3) I've never rated Harbhajan Singh
4) Cricket was much better Pre-T20 era (I support T20 cricket but Cricket has never been the same since it become mainstream)

sayon basak

International 12th Man
Nothing major I can think of right now, but a few small ones:
1) Viv Richards ≈ Sunil Gavaskar
2) Wridhiman Saha>Syed Kirmani
3) Steve Waugh>Ricky Ponting ≈ Rahul Dravid
4) I actually rate pre 1900 players
5) Dennis Lillee ≈ Ray Lindwall
6) Michael Holding>Fred Trueman
7) While making a team, I would prefer to take Gilchrist, Sangakkara, Walcott, de Villiers, Flower, Ames, Knott, Watling, Waite, Dhoni, Pant, Cameron, de Kock, Engineer, Lindsay, Prior, Stewart; in that order as WK.
I didn't know that was controversial. As a matter of fact, I have Bart King and Alfred Mynn in my top 100.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mine are a bit wild but not that unpopular really

1) Curtly Ambrose is the greatest Fast Bowler of all time
2) Ben Stokes isn't on the same level as Andrew Flintoff & Ian Botham. And has lived off 2019 innings
3) I've never rated Harbhajan Singh
4) Cricket was much better Pre-T20 era (I support T20 cricket but Cricket has never been the same since it become mainstream)
Other than the first one these are majority opinions tbh