• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

BazBall21

International Captain
I think at times Root has tried to follow the others to his own detriment but no one is putting a gun to his head and telling him he must bat that way so it was on him rather than McCullum. Stokes is naturally a slow starter hence trying to bat in an all out attack mode in the first 12 months of Bazball didn't really work for him, but I think we've seen his best days with the bat regardless sadly.

Pope isn't affected by Bazball. Nobody who cannot play deliveries that nip back in will be consistent in test cricket. Not least with England being his home conditions. Look at how many times the ball beats his inside edge. Too many times. And he was never any good v spin.

Last edited:

Johan

First Class Debutant
Jamie Smith threw away his wicket in both innings. He is a good player of spin and should have stayed in instead of playing rash shots
I think he just naturally ****ed up.Very young player and he was fully allowed to play slow, he just isn't ready for such a high preassure role on a raging turner

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamie Smith threw away his wicket in both innings. He is a good player of spin and should have stayed in instead of playing rash shots
We were 100 behind in the first innings and he was batting with the tail, what's he supposed to do? No blame on him for that.

Groundking

International Debutant
Pitch was flat AF for the most part for 5 sessions and we had people in here thinking we'd be scoring 500+ in our first digs so the idea that the toss wasn't massively significant here is nonsense imo.

Regardless though I thought we were pretty **** in this test, catching throughout was really poor, Bashir bowled loads of rubbish first innings, the batting in our first innings other than Duckett was quite poor, 4 of top 7 got starts but none of them helped Duckett out properly and they all played pretty stupid shots to get out (other than arguably Root) and whilst I've not actually seen any of the play today the scorecard (and chat in here) suggests that we got 4 starts and they threw it away again.

Hopefully we get a good deck in Rawalpindi so we can have an exciting test to close the series out.

BazBall21

International Captain
Pitch was flat AF for the most part for 5 sessions and we had people in here thinking we'd be scoring 500+ in our first digs so the idea that the toss wasn't massively significant here is nonsense imo.

Regardless though I thought we were pretty **** in this test, catching throughout was really poor, Bashir bowled loads of rubbish first innings, the batting in our first innings other than Duckett was quite poor, 4 of top 7 got starts but none of them helped Duckett out properly and they all played pretty stupid shots to get out (other than arguably Root) and whilst I've not actually seen any of the play today the scorecard (and chat in here) suggests that we got 4 starts and they threw it away again.

Hopefully we get a good deck in Rawalpindi so we can have an exciting test to close the series out.
Agree with all of that. England lost an important toss and didn't deal with it well enough because they are a flawed side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dont think the toss had as much to with this result as England's catching. And, you know, the fact that Pakistan played really really well. I know we make fun of the uncles but those were some serious spells, help or no help from the pitch.