• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joe Root is number one

Coronis

International Coach
There can't be many times where the no.1 has been over 100 points ahead of no.2

View attachment 41982
Yeah unsure of how many times this might’ve been the case. From the top of my head I came up with one.

01 Jan 1961

IMG_0965.png

Of current players he still has Smith (947), Kohli (937) and Labuschagne (937) to top.

There have also been 6 other players this century who have had a higher rating. (Ponting, Sangakkara, Kallis, de Villiers, Hayden and Yousuf)

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah unsure of how many times this might’ve been the case. From the top of my head I came up with one.

01 Jan 1961

View attachment 41984

Of current players he still has Smith (947), Kohli (937) and Labuschagne (937) to top.

There have also been 6 other players this century who have had a higher rating. (Ponting, Sangakkara, Kallis, de Villiers, Hayden and Yousuf)
Found another

01 Jan 1997
IMG_0966.png

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

01 Jan 1961

View attachment 41984

Kind of devalues the rankings as a concept when a hack like Labuschagne manages to get that high a score

Coronis

International Coach
Kind of devalues the rankings as a concept when a hack like Labuschagne manages to get that high a score
Well yeah we’ve kinda always known this. What with Tendulkar never cracking 900. Hell Travis Head has a higher peak ranking than Chappell. And Ben Stokes is 1 point behind Frank Worrell

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well yeah we’ve kinda always known this. What with Tendulkar never cracking 900. Hell Travis Head has a higher peak ranking than Chappell. And Ben Stokes is 1 point behind Frank Worrell
I know but I never miss an opportunity to take a pop at Labuschagne

Qlder

International Debutant
I'm more interested in has any bat ever been #1 when they've never scored a century in Australia. I'm thinking definitely not 😀

Ali TT

International Regular

01 Jan 1961

View attachment 41984

Hanif must've batted on every day for about ten tests straight to get that peak of 819.