• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

kevinw

International 12th Man
Foakes used to get stuck with the tail and couldn't usually shepherd it. I hoped Smith would do better. He had to get the deficit down by playing sensibly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Beyond anything else they're still playing the wrong sorts of attacking shots for this sort of deck. How many batsman is that now who have perished on the drive?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shock me that the 12 year old keeper couldn’t get it done when put under pressure for the first time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
One of the three middling scores needed to kick on but ultimately from 200-2, parity should have been the bare minimum. This pitch ain't that bad.
Yeah, we don’t often crumble for painfully low scores, but we do seem to have a bit of a tendency to collapse from 2 down to all out quite quickly.

Also happened with the ODI side recently too. Certainly something to think about

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Or against Sri Lanka when everyone else around him perished early and he was the only one to offer any resistance?
Yeah, I just went for that one as it was the ‘first’ time under pressure. Burgey will come back with some dirge about the opposition anyway, because the fact you’re expected to win obviously means you can’t be under any pressure when you’re in a bad position.

Johan

State 12th Man
wow Leach really doesn't want Bashir to have a job, outbowled him by a million times and not is batting like an all rounder

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When a batsman, even a number ten, has repeatedly biffed you when you've bowled in a certain spot, it's probably best not to bowl there. Could maybe stick Jamal on right now.