• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
The balls that got Pope and Brook were somewhat more than slow turn. And there's a lot more fizzing past edges now too.
Nah Brook is a classic of the genre. It turned, but IMO not extravagantly and the shot he played is hazardous in the extreme. It's the shot you play if you trust the consistency of pace and bounce off the surface which you absolutely cannot do here. That to me is probably the most self-inflicted dismissal of the lot.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Brook is a classic of the genre. It turned, but IMO not extravagantly and the shot he played is hazardous in the extreme. It's the shot you play if you trust the consistency of pace and bounce off the surface which you absolutely cannot do here. That to me is probably the most self-inflicted dismissal of the lot.
But you could do that up until Tea. It probably wasn't a great shot, but nothing was behaving like that up to that point.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
With England to bat last Pakistan should be overwhelming favourites from here but it's not hard to see them bumbling it up somewhere along the line.

Spark

Global Moderator
But you could do that up until Tea. It probably wasn't a great shot, but nothing was behaving like that up to that point.
The pitch has been absolute pudding since the first ball. It's just not a good shot to play. You're talking about the ball as if it went sideways viciously as opposed to turning moderately and keeping a bit low as if we weren't seeing balls do that in the very first hour of play.

Johan

State 12th Man
big test for young Jamie tommorrow, if he could produce a gutsy 50 he could cut down the lead to like 50-60 runs them we're in for a good test, if a 100+ lead then it's over.

King Kane

International Debutant
Looking forward to tomorrow, this is shaping up as a good battle.

Thank goodness for that as it doesn't look like we will see much cricket in the India v NZ test match tomorrow.

You can complain about the pitches in Pakistan but you can't complain about the weather, it never rains in Pakistan.

Spark

Global Moderator
big test for young Jamie tommorrow, if he could produce a gutsy 50 he could cut down the lead to like 50-60 runs them we're in for a good test, if a 100+ lead then it's over.
I still think that if you get yourself properly in, there's a big score to be made out there. You just have to not get spooked by the impressive-looking but glacial turn. Trust your defence and the loose balls will come.

Silver Silva

International Regular
The PCB selectors have been blasted in the media but wow have they been vindicated , probably sporting black ray bands with thug life meme potential right now.

Johan

State 12th Man
I still think that if you get yourself properly in, there's a big score to be made out there. You just have to not get spooked by the impressive-looking but glacial turn. Trust your defence and the loose balls will come.
I think the English batting is much more accustomed to batting in such conditions due to the Indian tours, so I think there is still a shot, just need 60-70 runs added tomorrow.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The pitch has been absolute pudding since the first ball. It's just not a good shot to play. You're talking about the ball as if it went sideways viciously as opposed to turning moderately and keeping a bit low as if we weren't seeing balls do that in the very first hour of play.
I felt it lost its puddingy status a bit late on, could be that as lights came on it had an impact. Be interesting to see if it's like it again in the morning or if it's a bit easier to bat on.