• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't find either of these suggestions close to convincing. We need to have talk about selection when there's an actual good idea for replacement, not just when some guy doesn't score as many as you want.
Very much with this, there's no obvious replacement at the moment and I've no idea who is going in at 7 in that team listed. I'm not sure I'd have Pope as my VC going forward (Brook seems more suitable) but I'd stick with Pope until someone really says that's my spot instead.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I'm letting you know that's horse ****. That isn't even his habit, and even if it were, it's not a sign of mental anything. Just put the idea to bed because you'll always sound like an armchair blatherer when you bring out this crap.
he has scored a ton in his first innings of the summer. i don't think his technique is necessarily deficient, but he gets dismissed in bizarre ways and i do believe it has something to do with mindset or mentality

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People have always seemingly been wanting for Stokes to go up the order when he really is such a number 6. His absolute superpower is batting with the tail anyway so don't know why you would want to take that away.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
People have always seemingly been wanting for Stokes to go up the order when he really is such a number 6. His absolute superpower is batting with the tail anyway so don't know why you would want to take that away.
He's good with the tail but I think he's a natural slow starter. Much better v pace than spin too.