• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best players in certain age ranges

Coronis

International Coach
tbf, Anderson is a swing/seamer so it makes sense his WPM is a little lower, that doesn't take away from the fact he was difficult to hit and thus built preassure and the biggest plus of such bowlers being the ability to take out the top order batsmen, what's the wicket distribution of Anderson vs Cunmins by batting order?
Why are you bringing up Cummins?

Johan

State 12th Man
Why are you bringing up Cummins?
PC brought him up on the first page

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Using WPM as a standalone stat seems a little bit silly to me. Seems to be cropping up in a few debates round here of late.

The value of Anderson’s low average was not of course just about the wickets he took himself. But anyone who actually watched any games we won in Asia where he bowled would know that, for example. & English ‘Test spam’ is as much of a point in an ageing fast bowler’s favour as it is against him. The fact he missed 1 in 3 Tests still saw him play Test Cricket more often than many of his contemporaries, and more often than those who came before him and played at his age.

I dunno, Coronis doesn’t rate Anderson as much as many which is fair enough but even in spite of that I was surprised to not see him in the list. But I get the points being made.