• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why am I surprised? Because he's been pencilled in as the next cab off the rank for a few years so to go from that to not even in the top three or four is pretty drastic for this selection panel. Why am I not disappointed? Because frankly I don't really rate him very highly.

In general with this squad I think the selectors are signalling pretty clearly that the generation of bats who are currently 26-32ish is probably a bust and they're keener to see what the next gneeration can do.
Was asking about the former. I wasn't crazy surprised given Renshaw's recent run of form and no country cricket compared to Harris and Bancroft in the past ~12-18 months, but your definitely right about it being against the general grain of the selection panel. Stoinis still getting games in ODI cricket a classic example.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ruturaj is not an international class player, he is decent on flat pattas but as soon as he faces challenging bowling and conditions he falters.

I have seen this both in IPL and FC cricket, also he doesn't pass the eye test at all, he is below the talent threshold required for test cricket.
he has done well during A tours in foreign conditions

you are all dumb people and i trust the people making these calls far more given what they have accomplished over the past decade

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
he has done well during A tours in foreign conditions

you are all dumb people and i trust the people making these calls far more given what they have accomplished over the past decade
I know that you are getting wet dreams coz the name of his IPL team starts with Chennai but he is from Maharashtra, so pipe down.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rutu is all class. It doesn't mean Easwaran should not get the nod now though. Easwaran has earned the shot to fail. But its also obvious why selectors or management may feel Rutu is the more talented. When AB fawns over someone, they are usually good. I would still pick Easwaran over Rutu right now.