• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing i wonder about Richardson and his inability to throw in from the outfield - why not try practicing throwing left-handed?

social

One thing i wonder about Richardson and his inability to throw in from the outfield - why not try practicing throwing left-handed?
I assume that is very difficult

Buggered my back and taught myself how to bowl left handed to the point where I could bowl a few overs of filth at a reasonable level but couldn’t throw more than 10 yards or so

Anyway, Courtney Walsh bowled it in for much of his career but his bowling was good enough to make up for it

Qlder

International Debutant
Lachlan Hearne looks a good import for Qld. He's currently 3rd highest run scorer in the one-day Cup with 116 runs @ 38.66 (SR 95.08)

Qlder

International Debutant
Jhye Richardson has now taken 8 wkts in two Iist A games. Anyone think he might get into the whiteball squads vs Pak if they rotate/rest him?

the big bambino

International Captain
Jhye Richardson has now taken 8 wkts in two Iist A games. Anyone think he might get into the whiteball squads vs Pak if they rotate/rest him?
If we don't pick him then what's the use anymore? Surely he has to get some internationals? Its different for him as opposed to stupidly risking Green on jamodis. The latter should be managed as he looks like having a long career. Richardson has been blighted by injuries. Playing him whenever we can might be the only, admittedly disappointing, use we'll get out of his talent.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing to back this up but does anyone else get the feeling that the selectors have very little faith in Renshaw, Bancroft and Harris?

They’ll obviously have to pick someone but I get the feeling that it won’t be done with any great confidence
They made Smith open instead of picking any of them to do it last summer and asked pretty much everyone else in the squad to do it before those 3. Pretty obvious they don't rate any of them particularly highly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nothing to back this up but does anyone else get the feeling that the selectors have very little faith in Renshaw, Bancroft and Harris?

They’ll obviously have to pick someone but I get the feeling that it won’t be done with any great confidence
I mean... they shouldn't. None of them have demonstrated that they're especially good at Test level. Part of the (dumb) Konstas hype this week is the underlying admission that no one truly thinks these guys are going to make it and we should hope for someone who actually might.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Gonna be pissed off if Labuschagne injures himself bowling medium pace. Plus I'd argue him retaining or improving his legspin is more useful.
100%. Been saying this, especially the latter part, ever since I first saw him bowling meds

Someone really needs to tell him in no uncertain terms to give that **** up

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Gonna be pissed off if Labuschagne injures himself bowling medium pace. Plus I'd argue him retaining or improving his legspin is more useful.
Yeah Marsh and Green existing means Marnus bowling seam up for Australia won't really be required very often if it all, but his leggies as a second spinner definitely could.

It does make sense for Queensland in this line-up tbf, but I think it would have been better if they batted Neser at 7 and picked another quick (or Wildermuth).

Starfighter

Yeah Marsh and Green existing means Marnus bowling seam up for Australia won't really be required very often if it all, but his leggies as a second spinner definitely could.

It does make sense for Queensland in this line-up tbf, but I think it would have been better if they batted Neser at 7 and picked another quick (or Wildermuth).
I suppose the argument otherwise is that Marsh isn't really fit to bowl. But regardless Marnus is simply not accurate enough.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Even if Marsh and Green didn't exist, Marnus bowling medium pace still shouldn't be required on the basis that he is absolute shite at it

the big bambino

International Captain
Yes Marsh deserves a spot but he hasn’t bowled for a while and I’m not confident he’ll be back doing it effectively for the bgt. He’s in front for sure but 5 tests without a 5th bowler might hurt us. Webster and Hardie should be a chance. Otherwise Travis might get a few overs this summer.