• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking at the highlights of Konstas' innings, I can't help but notice the his vertical bat boundaries were almost entirely off and cover drives, many of them quite reaching, with pretty much nothing from the on drive or flick. However, no-one else for NSW seemed to be scoring much off those shots either, so maybe it was something to do with the pitch or bowling. Still, something to watch out for, though scoring zones can certainly be developed, like Head has.

Starfighter

Even though Lyon's getting wickets I still don't think he's spinning the ball nearly as hard as he used to and his action's still more chest-on. Probably not going to revert back to his mid-late 10s spin at 36 going on 37.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus in the runs, marsh in the runs, both of our keeping options in the runs (even if carey dropped a sitter that probably cost SA this game). Decent signs. Wouldn't mind seeing usman get a bigger score here. Head not making any red ball runs after this summer is also a concern, but still more shield to come so hopefully he figures it out.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marnus in the runs, marsh in the runs, both of our keeping options in the runs (even if carey dropped a sitter that probably cost SA this game). Decent signs. Wouldn't mind seeing usman get a bigger score here. Head not making any red ball runs after this summer is also a concern, but still more shield to come so hopefully he figures it out.
love this for him

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm quite happy with how McSweeney's going. He is the batting PONI "triple threat": looks good technically, putting up the numbers and is relatively young. I've got him pegged as first cab off the rank if I was a selector

Starfighter

I'm quite happy with how McSweeney's going. He is the batting PONI "triple threat": looks good technically, putting up the numbers and is relatively young. I've got him pegged as first cab off the rank if I was a selector
He's 25 and averages 35-ish (actually 33.8 before this match). For a long term test batsman ideally he'd be averaging mid 40s by now.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He's 25 and averages 35-ish (actually 33.8 before this match). For a long term test batsman ideally he'd be averaging mid 40s by now.
Yeah you probably want a cameron green 2020-2021 type period before getting TOO hyped. Seen too many Caleb Jewell esque 6 month runs too be excited by mcsweeney atm.