• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Thala_0710

U19 Debutant
I think duckett would definitely bat tomorrow, until others pile up ridiculously high scores and the extra batter isn't needed at all

I think duckett would definitely bat tomorrow, until others pile up ridiculously high scores and the extra batter isn't needed at all
Sounds like Duckett will be fine, but what happens if he can’t play the next Test? Cox I understand has some opening experience but is not a proper opener, would Stokes be willing to move up for a whole Test or two? Pope is barely a #3 let alone an opener, is Root too precious even on these flatties to risk as an opener even if he has a solid record there? Wouldn’t have hurt to name another player in the squad as backup to either opener, especially in light of the Sri Lanka series

Sounds like Duckett will be fine, but what happens if he can’t play the next Test? Cox I understand has some opening experience but is not a proper opener, would Stokes be willing to move up for a whole Test or two? Pope is barely a #3 let alone an opener, is Root too precious even on these flatties to risk as an opener even if he has a solid record there? Wouldn’t have hurt to name another player in the squad as backup to either opener, especially in light of the Sri Lanka series
Been watching highlights of the previous series, I forgot Keaton Jennings went out there lol, what’s the harm in having him out there again just on the off chance one of the openers can’t bat? It’s interesting, the early BazBall era had Lees playing and Jennings travelling out to Pakistan, not always swashbuckling openers, but openers nonetheless, whereas they didn’t even get a sniff when Crawley was injured

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
if smith hadnt missed a stumping and atkinson dropped a sitter, both errors prob due to tiredness after 5 sessions in the field, ducket wouldnt have done his thumb taking that catch. when pope got out it completed a rather misrable day for the surrey chaps. i'm sure the bowling coach is glad hes playing golf and not bowling on this wkt. i just hope england dont bazball themselves into gifting easy wkts tomorrow.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Naseem Shah must have seriously worked on his batting because when he first came to Tests he looked like he'd barely picked up a bat before in his life.
But his bowling has gone down and down.

He was running out of gas after just a few overs yesterday and speeds in the 128-138 range.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
No way to prove this either way, sadly.
That's like saying there is no way to prove Namibia won't win a test series in Australia unless they play there.

Cricket does not exist in a vacuum.

You can see the performance of both teams against the same oppositions in different conditions and come to a conclusion.