• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Qlder

International Debutant
Not much of a career indicator then.
Well Archie Jackson, Clem Hill, Keith Miller, Neil Harvey, Doug Walters, Greg Chappell and Ricky Ponting hit FC hundreds as 18 year olds as well so it used to be a pretty big indicator 😀

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Archie Jackson, Clem Hill, Keith Miller, Neil Harvey, Doug Walters, Greg Chappell and Ricky Ponting hit FC hundreds as 18 year olds as well so it used to be a pretty big indicator 😀
So too did people like Tony Handrickan for example. One innings does not a career make

Qlder

International Debutant
So too did people like Tony Handrickan for example. One innings does not a career make
Well this guy has an interesting Wikipedia which explains why he never made it. He got seriously injured in the 1977/78 season not long after he hit his teenager hundred. He was about to return to FC in 1982 when this incident ended his FC career:

"...sacked by selectors after a drunken incident at the Adelaide Oval Test, for which he pled guilty to charges of using offensive language, resisting arrest and refusing to give his name and address to police."

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have never rated Swepson & have no idea why he hasn’t tried a proper runup

He’s not Warne
Copying Warne has resulted in a couple of generations of Australian leg spinners not having enough momentum into the crease.

Qlder

International Debutant
Inglis putting some pressure on Carey with 122 off 117 balls. WA did well to recover from 2/0 off first 2 balls

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder how far off Inglis is to being in the reckoning as a bat alone. Considering how uninspiring the batting reserves are. His FC numbers aren't great but I can't recall him playing that much red ball cricket over the last couple years. Reckon he's missed a lot of it playing white ball. Could have improved enough to be a genuine chance at some point before Carey retires, assuming he isn't dropped in the meantime

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He apparently isn't an opener though, neither is he Victorian. He's not even really Australian. So **** him in my opinion.

Qlder

International Debutant
And the papers are already calling Konstas the next big thing. I hope they don’t kiss of death him.
I haven't seen that. Everything I've read seemed pretty balanced and just acknowledging a good first century from a talented youngster.

I watched his innings up to when Davies got out and they looked pretty good batting together. Bodes well for the Ashes next year

IcarianStyles

Cricket Spectator
Hot take: I rather Steve Smith to be dropped from the test team rather than seeing him open the batting this summer against India.

TheJediBrah

will be watching McSweens very closely

Interesting to Jack Edwards take the new ball. His transition from a batsman who bowls to a bowler that tries to bat 7 has been a journey

TheJediBrah

Henry Hunt paddle sweeps Sangha's first ball straight to short leg, who holds the catch

Could say it's a bit unlucky but it was a very meek and lame shot. Either hit it harder or get it along the ground