• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Silver Silva

International Regular
Got to say Masood looks really impressive out there, coaches probably told him to visualize that you playing like county cricket .

Spark

Global Moderator
Him being so completely PNGed from the national setup suggests more than just "his attitude sucks" I think, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not particularly liked at a personal level amongst the English team management/senior players - not just a lovable, but unprofessional, lout but something less pleasant. Like he's been blacklisted completely, it seems.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Playing Woakes turning out to be a pathetic call as expected. Just not enough pace to make things happen in subcontinent

Silver Silva

International Regular
Carse has been reasonable

The frustrating thing about Woakes is that he’s a good, experienced cricketer but every time he bowls overseas, it looks like the first time

Jimmy etc adapted & found a way but he just seems to bowl the same stuff and hardly surprising that it doesn’t work
Yeah it's surprising he doesn't use more tools , cutters , change of angle , asking the keeper to stand up ..Anderson learnt in his career when conditions are not in his favour that to dry up the runs is one way to bring about a wicket .

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The frustrating thing about Woakes is that he’s a good, experienced cricketer but every time he bowls overseas, it looks like the first time
Jimmy etc adapted & found a way but he just seems to bowl the same stuff and hardly surprising that it doesn’t work
Thing I've noticed in his matches in Australia is that his control seemed worse. Like he was spraying it around trying for movement.

He can bowl the one coming back in off the pitch decently, I don't why he doesn't just try that all day when it's not swinging.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn’t Gillespie coach him & spoke highly of his growth?

Last I heard he had a social influencer partner and that doesn’t go down well in cricket circles
Any helmet with a good influence around them can be fine, take the good influence away and they soon revert to type like Robinson has. Waste of a career, biggest waster since Chris Lewis for me.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Him being so completely PNGed from the national setup suggests more than just "his attitude sucks" I think, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not particularly liked at a personal level amongst the English team management/senior players - not just a lovable, but unprofessional, lout but something less pleasant. Like he's been blacklisted completely, it seems.
Pretty much what happend, no? Got dropped after Australia because he wasn't fit enough, then came back fitter, but broke down in india again and did a podcast with his girlfriend about some private stuff in the dressing room without speaking to management. Just seems a bit thick in the head.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Not as if he didn’t have enough chances either as plenty of others would have had their cards marked sooner
But what did he actually do wrong? His Test average is 22, so not like he's had a string of bad performances. He's had a couple of bad ones in India, well what seamer hasn't? He continues to bowl well for Sussex. I suspect it's simply that he doesn't quite fit in, which is pretty damning on the unit if you ask me.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thing I've noticed in his matches in Australia is that his control seemed worse. Like he was spraying it around trying for movement.

He can bowl the one coming back in off the pitch decently, I don't why he doesn't just try that all day when it's not swinging.
There’s a classic story about when Buchanan thought he was losing the dressing room and asked if anyone had better plans

McGrath replied “top of off then give it to Warnie” and team walked out

Woakes “looks nice” but his length & line is inconsistent

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Pretty much what happend, no? Got dropped after Australia because he wasn't fit enough, then came back fitter, but broke down in india again and did a podcast with his girlfriend about some private stuff in the dressing room without speaking to management. Just seems a bit thick in the head.
said the odd thing on the podcast as well that suggested he hadn't learnt his lesson from his uncovered tweets when he was a teenager.