• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Woakes will be trundling but if there is new ball help he will be handy.
Carse is a interesting pick. Potts did well on A tour of India so clearly England wanted extra pace of Carse over him.
Not sure Atkinson knows how to bowl in these conditions. Let's see I'd have definitely kept Potts.

Naseem needs to bowl in 140k's majority of the time to make a difference. He is bowling around 135ks which is disappointing.
Khurram is pretty average after new ball & just trundles in to bowl early 130's stuff wicket to wicket.

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer
Carse is a interesting pick. Potts did well on A tour of India so clearly England wanted extra pace of Carse over him.
Not sure Atkinson knows how to bowl in these conditions. Let's see I'd have definitely kept Potts.

Naseem needs to bowl in 140k's majority of the time to make a difference. He is bowling around 135ks which is disappointing.
Khurram is pretty average after new ball & just trundles in to bowl early 130's stuff wicket to wicket.
Imp that shaheen bowls well

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Imp that shaheen bowls well
Shaheen is all over the place. He will massacred by BazBallers. Attack him in first over & then he goes into self destruction mode.
Mir Hamza can control the run rate at least. Both are trundling anyways. Shaheen bowls in early 130's these days like Hamza but Hamza has some control at least

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer
Shaheen is all over the place. He will massacred by BazBallers. Attack him in first over & then he goes into self destruction mode.
Mir Hamza can control the run rate at least. Both are trundling anyways. Shaheen bowls in early 130's these days like Hamza but Hamza has some control at least
Worst thing they dont have a decent spinner to control the proceedings when bazballers went after bumarh and siraj we had ash and jaddu to bring some control but pak dont have that luxury

ImpatientLime

International Regular

I hope the Carse selection isn't to do with his 'extra pace'. he bowls mid to late 80s and barely moves the ball.

no test batsman worth their place is going to be concerned with a bloke bowling gun barrell straight at 85mph

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Worst thing they dont have a decent spinner to control the proceedings when bazballers went after bumarh and siraj we had ash and jaddu to bring some control but pak dont have that luxury
Ordinarily you’d think the way to combat England’s BazBall style would be to tailor spinning wickets, but with Pakistan’s spin bowling in decline that might not be the way to go. England aren’t in great shape, but Pakistan are in a right pickle!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has come around quickly, but really looking forwards to it. The 6am starts here are decent too. If I can get myself to bed earlier than usually than can get a full session in on WFH days before starting work

Hard to see anything other than 3-0 England
I am off work the week of second test with no plans and the kids are in nursery for the first two days, can't wait. So good when you can watch a whole day of cricket and then still have an afternoon to do other stuff. Didn't get to properly watch any of this summer so this is well overdue.