• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I preferred football last year, which was ironically when we had a better team!! How do you get promoted and end up with a significantly weaker team than the one you had in a lower division????

Niall

International Coach
Martinez/ De Ligt is a terrible partnership IMO.

Hopefully they don't appeal the Bruno red card , last thing they need is this been overturned.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Hopefully Slabheads goal just saved ETH's job until Xmas.
I legit assumed ETH wanted to get sacked with a midfield of Bruno, Ericksen and Casemiro. The playing in Europe and don’t need a CDM because “possession” midfield. Went about how I expected. Useful going forward and chaos ball when possession is lost.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What's an example of one being overturned in the past?
Arthur Numan in 2000, Sturm Graz v Rangers.

Left the field for physio treatment, was waved back on by the ref. When he next received the ball the referee gave him a 2nd yellow for re-entering the field without permission.

Rangers successfully appealed it as TV evidence clearly showed the referee waved him back on prior to being cautioned.

Mistaken identity would be another appeal avenue, however given that's one of the criteria where VAR can intervene, that should be getting sorted out on the pitch.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha there was that time against Chelsea where Kieran Gibbs got sent off because the ref couldn't tell the difference between him and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Dire tbh.
Trying to imagine the VAR conversation on this one....

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha there was that time against Chelsea where Kieran Gibbs got sent off because the ref couldn't tell the difference between him and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Dire tbh.
If I remember this correctly I think this was the one where Oxlade-Chamberlain had pulled off a genuinely world class save on a curling shot at the far post. Only problem was that he was, you know, not the goalkeeper.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh, god i remember that. it somehow managed to make me laugh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If I remember this correctly I think this was the one where Oxlade-Chamberlain had pulled off a genuinely world class save on a curling shot at the far post. Only problem was that he was, you know, not the goalkeeper.
Haha, indeed, nor was he the other non-white bloke he looked nothing alike that the ref mistook him for. Oops.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was only the second worst thing to happen that day after I flunked a scholarship interview with Inner Temple. Sat in a pub in London drowning my sorrows watching us get rissoled 6-0. Dire times.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
We cleared out a bunch of midfielders, on the way to being the sellingest club of the British Summer transfer window, and now two of our three? remaining CDMs are out with long-term knee injuries. (One of whom was the anointed team captain) MARCHING ON TOGETHER!