• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think about time we start a thread for this. Hope Axar and Kuldeep plays all 3 matches, and Shami gets to play at least one before Australia.
Dont see how or why Axar would play unless there is an injury. Kuldeep for Akashdeep if the Bangalore surface takes turn. Only change I will make. I might wanna try Sarfraz for Rahul at some point, but Rahul has just found some form, so even that is a non-starter of an idea.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Dont see how or why Axar would play unless there is an injury. Kuldeep for Akashdeep if the Bangalore surface takes turn. Only change I will make. I might wanna try Sarfraz for Rahul at some point, but Rahul has just found some form, so even that is a non-starter of an idea.
Also, Rahul is a better choice atm in Australia imo. I just hope Shami's new injury is nothing series and we can see him atleast in the 3rd Test.

Re Kuldeep and Axar, they are in my draft team.....

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man
Also, Rahul is a better choice atm in Australia imo. I just hope Shami's new injury is nothing series and we can see him atleast in the 3rd Test.

Re Kuldeep and Axar, they are in my draft team.....
Rahul has a pathetic record in places like AUS and SA. With sarfaraz in the form he has been in for the past few yrs, I would definitely like to see him tried over Rahul, but probably not going to happen

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Rotate Siraj-Bumrah-Akashdeep in the 3 matches and have 3 spinners. Maybe even have Dayal debut in the last one if Ind has won by then (very likely).

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Rahul has a pathetic record in places like AUS and SA. With sarfaraz in the form he has been in for the past few yrs, I would definitely like to see him tried over Rahul, but probably not going to happen
For Sarfaraz to get a shot, Bangladesh first would had been better. He also isn't a player who I can say generate any particular confidence in his ability to play pace.
Shami is injured and probably not even going to feature in the BGT.
I know, just a very optimistic wish.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
His recovery is definitely not on time. There's a clear delay. So I don't think the rumours are completely baseless. Just that he can still "possibly" make a recovery before the start of the series.

He never said that he is injury free. If he was going to be fit very soon, given that he can be quite outspoken, I think he would have directly said that he is going to be back very soon or that he looking to play Ranji soon. The fact that he only emphasised that he isn't ruled out of Border Gavaskar and that he is doing his best to return, kind of gives it away.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His recovery is definitely not on time. There's a clear delay. So I don't think the rumours are completely baseless. Just that he can still "possibly" make a recovery before the start of the series.

He never said that he is injury free. If he was going to be fit very soon, given that he can be quite outspoken, I think he would have directly said that he is going to be back very soon or that he looking to play Ranji soon. The fact that he only emphasised that he isn't ruled out of Border Gavaskar and that he is doing his best to return, kind of gives it away.
Yeah this is my suspicion as well. Still hoping for the best though. At least 1 FC game before the tour and playing the warm up there will give the thinktank enough to assess. He doesn’t need to start in the BG immediately either and can ease in midway too.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bumrah is certain not to feature in all 3 tests. That would open up a place for Axar/Kuldeep. Possible that Jaddu and Ashwin are rested in one of the matches themselves. The TM is likely to make sure Axar and Kuldeep get some game time.

I only see Siraj and Akash Deep featuring in all 3 tests IF India choose to continue with 3 quicks + 2 spin combo.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt India will play 3 seamers against NZ, who play pacers a lot better than Bangladesh. I definitely see Kuldeep playing along with Ash and Jaddu.