• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Sunil1z

International Regular
Can WTC final be held at MCG in June ? Or weather is too hostile?
IND should agree to play WTC final at MCG if both IND and Aus reach there . We have far batter record at MCG than Lords .

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Others were going on about Shami and downplaying Akashdeep but I had a feeling that Shami might either not return or not be at the same level again upon his return because he is not actually 34 now but 36-37 years of age! He is pretty much finished as a pace bowler having not played for a year and in his late 30s.

Sad news is this might pave the way for trundler Mukesh Kumar to make a return to the squad for Australia when I'd really like Harshit Rana instead. Unfortunately they're not really considering him at the moment.

Spark

Global Moderator
Others were going on about Shami and downplaying Akashdeep but I had a feeling that Shami might either not return or not be at the same level again upon his return because he is not actually 34 now but 36-37 years of age! He is pretty much finished as a pace bowler having not played for a year and in his late 30s.

Sad news is this might pave the way for trundler Mukesh Kumar to make a return to the squad for Australia when I'd really like Har**** Rana instead. Unfortunately they're not really considering him at the moment.
Surely they can't be thinking of playing Mukesh. Surely. He's the absolute pure archetype of the sort of "pace" bowler India used to bring down here and get absolutely flogged. Binning those blokes off is the principal reason they've started winning here consistently.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Surely they can't be thinking of playing Mukesh. Surely. He's the absolute pure archetype of the sort of "pace" bowler India used to bring down here and get absolutely flogged. Binning those blokes off is the principal reason they've started winning here consistently.
How will he do in Adelaide D/N match ?

Kirkut

International Regular

Sad news is this might pave the way for trundler Mukesh Kumar to make a return to the squad for Australia when I'd really like Har**** Rana instead. Unfortunately they're not really considering him at the moment.
Oh no, Mukesh Kumar for Australia tour? Didn't we learn our lessons when Vinay Kumar played at Perth?

Besides, it's been a really long time since Shami has played tests. Not sure he will be the same bowler even after he becomes fit.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is the hierarchy-

1. Bumrah
2. Siraj
3. Akashdeep
4. Dayal

5. Mukesh Kumar
6. Prasidh Krishna

Because in the Irani Cup that's happening right now between Ranji champs Mumbai and Rest of India XI, selectors went with Yash Dayal, Mukesh Kumar, and Prasidh Krishna as the 3 pacers.

Moreover the latter two played in SA in the New Year's Test and Mukesh even played a test vs England. Not to mention that he took Mumbai's first 3 wickets yesterday.

I see the selectors going for these 5-6 pacers for Australia barring no more injuries, unless Rana does something special in T20Is/first few rounds of Ranji to displace one of them.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it will go -

Bumrah
Siraj
Akashdeep
Dayal
Mukesh
Saini
Shardul/Harshit
Prasidh
rest

I expect an 18 member squad to be selected. So maybe 3 openers, 6 MO bats including the 2 keepers, 2 allrounders (Ash and Jaddu basically), 1 genuine spinner, 1 seamer who can bat and 5 other seamers.

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man
I think it will go -

Bumrah
Siraj
Akashdeep
Dayal
Mukesh
Saini
Shardul/Har****
Prasidh
rest

I expect an 18 member squad to be selected. So maybe 3 openers, 6 MO bats including the 2 keepers, 2 allrounders (Ash and Jaddu basically), 1 genuine spinner, 1 seamer who can bat and 5 other seamers.
Heard they were considering Ruturaj as the third opening choice behind Rohit/Jaiswal.
My prediction for an 18 man squad would be:
Openers:
Rohit
Jaiswal
Ruturaj

MO Bats:
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Sarfaraz

Keepers
Pant