• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

kevinw

International 12th Man
Fair enough to question Salt’s ODI future but surely not his international future as he’s a lock as our T20 opener.

I think we learned a fair bit, which is after all the point of these series. We need Root in the ODI side in the absence of anyone else who can drop anchor. We learned that Harry Brook can play destructive ODI innings and that Duckett belongs in the format. We learned about Potts and Carse in the format for now at least. What would we have learned playing Curran?
I would say the only certs for the foreseeable in this side should be Duckett, Root, Buttler, probably Brook, Rashid and Archer. A lot of places up for grabs otherwise.

Spark

Global Moderator
Abbott did a great job this series at reinforcing my conviction he won't step up to internationals.
If he ever did have a chance of making it at this level it was years ago. He's miles off it now, consistently the least impressive bowler on show on either side

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he ever did have a chance of making it at this level it was years ago. He's miles off it now, consistently the least impressive bowler on show on either side
He's 32. Considering his modest impact so far I'd think he might have played his last international, but our selectors are a conservative bunch and he's the kind of player that they might recall in a pinch because he's previous international experience.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In my (limited) viewing Abbott takes a lot of wickets but it's usually because he's getting smashed and the batsmen get themselves out

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say the only certs for the foreseeable in this side should be Duckett, Root, Buttler, probably Brook, Rashid and Archer. A lot of places up for grabs otherwise.
I’d say Potts made a very good case to being an automatic from now on.

Reactions: FBU