• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

mackembhoy

International Regular
I think this is all just straight up solved by requiring players to spend like three years or so in a country's FC system before being eligible for them (if they have one), because that directly addresses the only really legitimate argument against eligibility. I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway already. Otherwise it gets all very blood-and-soil-ish for me and no thanks to that.
Already the case that players have to requalify in cases of playing for another international side. I.e Keaton Jennings having played for SA U19s. Granted he was nowhere near international class until 2016

They only they reduced the time required to rush Jofra Archer into the 2019 World Cup squad. Think it was 5 years and reduced to 3.

Dan Worrall wants to play for England and that's exactly the sort of thing I'm on about. Not good enough for Australia so I'll use my parentage to try and get to international cricket again another way.

KP didn't come to play in England out a of strong desire to play for his mum's country of birth. He came because of South Africa selection policy and a better salary. I'm sure by the end of 2005 he felt a different way but initially it's for the wrong reasons.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
I've not got a problem with it.

I'm English of Scottish/Irish heritage and football wise never been drawn to England like I am in cricket. I'd play for Scotland in parallel universe where I was a professional footballer.

Just I think other national sides have been somewhat deprived over the years and even now because earning potential via county cricket and getting England recognition is better for them than domestic and international cricket for their country of origin.

Kai Smith a UAE native with South African parents wants to play for England for example. He came here to study for his A levels at a boarding school.
You are from Sunderland if am not wrong are you a Newcastle fan

mackembhoy

International Regular
You are from Sunderland if am not wrong are you a Newcastle fan
What I am makes no real sense to most people 😂

I'm from Northumberland but with a Glaswegian dad brought up in County Durham. So I follow my dad's teams which are Sunderland/Celtic.Hence the username. Mackem a term used to describe people from Sunderland and Celtic are also known as the Bhoys.

I made the username when I was 15 on another forum and just kept it for here

4 of my best friends are Newcastle fans though.

As cricket a massive part of county Durham it's again why I'm a cricket fan. As me dad grew up playing that whereas if he'd ended up staying in Glasgow I'd not be a Sunderland or cricket fan or more to the point even be here!

Last edited:

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
What I am makes no real sense to most people 😂

I'm from Northumberland but with a Glaswegian dad brought up in County Durham. So I follow my dad's teams which are Sunderland/Celtic.Hence the username. Mackem a term used to describe people from Sunderland and Celtic are also known as the Bhoys.

I made the username when I was 15 on another forum and just kept it for here

4 of my best friends are Newcastle fans though.

As cricket a massive part of county Durham it's again why I'm a cricket fan. As me dad grew up playing that whereas if he'd ended up staying in Glasgow I'd not be a Sunderland or cricket fan or more to the point even be here!
Good to know🙂

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
..now that British Caribbean participation in cricket has fallen off a cliff
I agree, but we do have Caribbean exports like Archer and Bethel and until recently Jordan. I can only think of 1 BC in FC game, daniel Bell drummond of Kent, unless Ben Mike is BC as well. Are there any others?

mackembhoy

International Regular
Noticed Bashir didn't take a single wicket in either innings for Somerset.

Was the third used spinner in their first innings. Leach got a fifer.

Mental Bashir is probably England first choice now.

Be interesting to see how we lineup on the spin front. Part of me thinks we've taken the wrong Ahmed brother, Farhan 24 wickets and counting at 22.04 in his 7th FC innings.

Reactions: FBU

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Noticed Bashir didn't take a single wicket in either innings for Somerset.

Was the third used spinner in their first innings. Leach got a fifer.

Mental Bashir is probably England first choice now.

Be interesting to see how we lineup on the spin front. Part of me thinks we've taken the wrong Ahmed brother, Farhan 24 wickets and counting at 22.04 in his 7th FC innings.
Who is best spinner in county cricket? Farhan or leach

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon Harmer or Dawson have been the best spinners in the CC for a number of years.

As Farhan is still 5 months away from 17. His ceiling is surely massive after such a start.
I'll be really intrigued to see how Carson goes in Div 1 next year. 50 wickets at 22.5 in Div 2 was miles clear of the next spinner (Crane, 29). He may also get some more spin friendly pitches to bowl on in the top div too.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Certainly if they had picked Dawson and Carson, instead of Leach and bash, they would have a much stronger lower order batting wise.

Both the first 2 tests are at Multan now it seems. So theyl be there for over 2 weeks.
If theyr into praying, Multan has a lot of sufi shrines.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Certainly if they had picked Dawson and Carson, instead of Leach and bash, they would have a much stronger lower order batting wise.

Both the first 2 tests are at Multan now it seems. So theyl be there for over 2 weeks.
If theyr into praying, Multan has a lot of sufi shrines.
England have week pace attack compered to last time

kevinw

International 12th Man
I'll be really intrigued to see how Carson goes in Div 1 next year. 50 wickets at 22.5 in Div 2 was miles clear of the next spinner (Crane, 29). He may also get some more spin friendly pitches to bowl on in the top div too.
Who was the last NI born cricketer to play for England? Kent legend Martin McCague?