• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree actually. Played 1 match in SA after 23, as well a 3 match India tour. Hardly worse in England than Root in Australia. Root nowhere near as productive at home. Overall, Root is better but a tier is wild and shows how easily opinions here gets swayed. For reference, not more than 6 months ago Williamson beat out Root in the Test batsmen Poll.
Root is the best in the world right now he's pushed ahead of Smith, and Kohli.
Williamson below all of them

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Root is the best in the world right now he's pushed ahead of Smith, and Kohli.
Williamson below all of them
Root is better now, but hardly much significantly. Did bad in India too. On one hand, he did scored a century; but on the other, got out trying to reverse scoop Bumrah which literally packed England

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Root is better now, but hardly much significantly. Did bad in India too. On one hand, he did scored a century; but on the other, got out trying to reverse scoop Bumrah which literally packed England
There’s lot of recency bias on here. People act like there’s a big difference between Root and Kohli even tho they basically average the same (and Kohli has actually proved himself everywhere).

capt_Luffy

International Captain
There’s lot of recency bias on here. People act like there’s a big difference between Root and Kohli even tho they basically average the same (and Kohli has actually proved himself everywhere).
Tbf, this discussion is on recent form. Root on that record is ahead of the others, but scoring in 3 matches vs WI at home and 3 vs SL away, isn't enough to overwrite his recent failure in India.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Yeah that's why I said I'd take England over NZ's batting line up
I get that, but they did pretty poorly in India. So not sold on winning 5 games vs WI and SL. Crawley, Pope, Duckett aren't better than Conway, Philips and Latham. Brooks is better than Ravindra, and Smith and Blundell tough to compare right now; but Mitchell over Stokes. Overall, I will say they are around equal.

Thala_0710

U19 Debutant
I get that, but they did pretty poorly in India. So not sold on winning 5 games vs WI and SL. Crawley, Pope, Duckett aren't better than Conway, Philips and Latham. Brooks is better than Ravindra, and Smith and Blundell tough to compare right now; but Mitchell over Stokes. Overall, I will say they are around equal.
I'm betting NZ do poorer than ENG did in IND in the upcoming series

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always say he’s the batting equivalent of Ashwin

Beast at home
Bad away record with sporadic success here and there (ignoring prank countries)
Doesn’t play overseas enough through no fault of his own