• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

Qlder

International Debutant
Well I never would have picked that. Carey and Inglis both in the side but Inglis takes the gloves. Is Carey put on Test notice if they think Inglis is the better keeper?

Where does Carey even field?

Last edited:

King Kane

International Debutant
Promising signs with the weather going from rainy to gloomy, it looks like the game will start soon providing the rain doesn't return.

Qlder

International Debutant
Hang on, no Green or Hardie. So Carey preferred as batter to both. 5th bowler overs to be Maxwell and Labuschagne as Marsh never bowls anymore

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I never would have picked that. Carey and Inglis both in the side but Inglis takes the gloves. Is Carey put on Test notice if they think Inglis is the better keeper?

Where does Carey even field?
It’s a piss take. Theyre insulting England with these teams. It’s great

Molehill

International Captain
It’s a piss take. Theyre insulting England with these teams. It’s great
I think Aus have finally caught on to the spirit of this series and picked a team not remotely suited to the conditions. Thanks for finally joining the utterly daft "only 3 seamers in September" policy that England have been adopting up till now.

Anyway, despite the stats saying that 7 of the last 8 ODI's at Lord's have been won by the side batting first, looked a no brainer to have a bowl here, especially with the weather only getting better throughout the day.

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
The sun is out and we have a 39 over game, how do these teams approach this, like a double T20 game?
Our domestic List A comp used to be 40 overs, it was that bit more aggressive than 50 overs, but not so different that they found the change to 50 over ODIs so daunting, if anything it helped us massively

CartyDurham

International Captain
Starc will go down as an all time great in odi cricket

I love watching his ability to swing it back and then subtly adjust to take an outside edge

Molehill

International Captain
It's becoming fairly obvious that unless it's on a very flat pitch against an average attack, Salt is out of his depth in ODI's.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
It's becoming fairly obvious that unless it's on a very flat pitch against an average attack, Salt is out of his depth in ODI's.
He certainly has done very little against any of the serious ODI teams to suggest that he will be worth persevering with unless he does anything very soon. His record is only above 30 because he's battered the Netherlands.. I haven't done the arithmetic but it likely drops to mid/high 20s without his runs v the Dutch.

I presume that bowlers can only bowl 8 overs max, wright? In theory that means 4 can bowl 8 with another one (or more) making up the remaining 7 overs.

Last edited: