• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Ha ha, NZ just seem determined to help SL along. Where’s a rain break when you need it?

I’ll be relieved if NZ don’t overbowl WOR here and in the upcoming tests given he’s the one bowler who offers a persistent threat. Southee as first choice is questionable enough but he shouldn’t be restricting himself to the new ball either.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Ha ha, NZ just seem determined to help SL along. Where’s a rain break when you need it?

I’ll be relieved if NZ don’t overbowl WOR here and in the upcoming tests given he’s the one bowler who offers a persistent threat. Southee as first choice is questionable enough but he shouldn’t be restricting himself to the new ball either.
Southee saving himself for that deceleration batting. 2-3 wickets with Sri Lanka on 500 would see him safe for the England series

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Yeah hopefully he can correct it oneday
I have to admit that I have a slight more liking for the player who doesn't necessarily fill his boots against the small teams and has an even spread of scores against everyone, rather than a player who scores big against the small teams to cover up failures against the best.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to that series , I think for the first time we go to South Africa having a better batting line up pedigree wise than the South Africans.
I'd say so. Though you are in a pickle in a way that 3 of your best bats comfortably count as old. How long they can keep going for is anyones guess.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Thats a reward for the spinners managing to keep it tight for the last hour or so, played on Chandimal’s patience. Well batted but unnecessary from him.

I guess NZ not allowing SL to completely run away with the scoring rate is the one positive so far. Hopefully the new ball helps.