• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best you have seen

Thala_0710

School Boy/Girl Captain
Started watching/following cricket seriously - Mid 2000s
Format Weights - 75% tests 25% LO

Batsmen -

1. Sachin
2. Lara
3. Smith

Fast Bowlers -

1. McGrath
2. Steyn
3. Bumrah

Spinners -

1. Murali
2. Warne
3. Ashwin

Wicket-keepers -

1. Gilchrist
2. Sangakkara
3. Dhoni

Fielders -

1. Symonds
2. Ponting
3. De Villiers

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Simple premise. Just list the top 3 batsmen, fast bowlers, spinners, wicket-keepers and fielders you have seen in your lifetime. Obviously, I would weigh test cricket at 80% and LO stuff at 20% but if others wanna give different weightages to the formats, that is fine too. Just state from when you started watching/following cricket seriously and your weightages for the formats, as you share your rating. I will go first -

Started watching/following cricket seriously - 1990
Format Weights - 80% tests 20% LO

Batsmen -

1. Lara
2. Sachin
3. Smith

Fast Bowlers -

1. Ambrose
2. Steyn
3. McGrath

Spinners -

1. Murali
2. Warne
3. Ashwin

Wicket-keepers -

1. Gilchrist
2. MSD
3. Pant/Rizwan (??)

Fielders -

1. Jonty
2. Ponting
3.. Hooper

Just realized there is an Aussie in each of my categories in the top 3. Its why the ****ers are the best cricketing team in the world overall in my time of watching cricket. Probably of all time too, tbh.

Ali TT

International Regular
Started watching c1990 but would probably be a few years later when I could appreciate it all a bit more. Dunno about weightings but will be a combination of seeing live and on TV and across all formats at international and domestic levels. Obviously as an English fan living in England there will be an English bias (but that also probably favours overseas players who have played in the county game)

Batters
- KP
- Sangakkara
- Root

Fast bowlers
- McGrath
- Wasim
- Ambrose

Spinners
- Warne
- Murali
- Swann

Keepers
- Healy
- Russell
- Gilchrist

Fielders
- struggle to answer this and not saying this guy is an elite fielder but was once sat behind Heino Kuhn at a T20 match in Beckenham while he was fielding on the boundary. It was fun just watching the energy he brought to it and his ability to anticipate where the ball was going before it had even reached the bat. If you'd wanted to film a masterclass to teach a kid how to field it would've been that.

kyear2

International Coach
Started following 80's

Batsmen

Lara
Tendulkar
Richards

Bowlers

Marshall
McGrath
Ambrose / Steyn

Warne
Murali

Keepers

Gilchrist
Healy
Dujon / Russell

Slip fielders

Waugh
Hooper
Kallis

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Batsmen:
1. Sachin
2. Lara
3. Klusenar

Pacers:
1. Steyn
2. Ambrose
3. Shoaib Akhtar

Spinners:
1. Warne
2. Tendulkar
3. Saqlain Mushtaq

Wicketkeepers :
1. Gilchrist
2. Pant
3. AB De Villiers

Fielders:
Jonty Rhodes
Ravindra Jadeja
Collingwood

Coronis

International Coach
Started following seriously just in time for Steve Waugh’s retirement.

Tests only

Smith
Tendulkar
Kallis

McGrath
Steyn
Cummins

Murali
Warne
Ashwin

Keepers would depend on if I’m doing keeper-bat or pure keeper.

Fieldsman - too many to name.