• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Fly both teams out to play on the famous cricket pitch in the centre of Corfu Town.

Cricket - Visit Corfu

A few times I've been to Greece, and my brother is married to a Greek girl, I've come across plenty of Aussies of Greek ethnicity. You would have thought a few 'returnees' might have kept the game alive there. I know Croatia has quite a few Aussies/Kiwis who play the game there.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It's mad that this should have been on a Saturday.
ECB couldn't give a ****. I think every final since the Hundred has been on a sunday at Trent Bridge.

A harder ground to get to than Lords for most counties in the country.

It's clear everything the ECB has done with the Hundred and the rest of the domestic game is to force counties into accepting IPL buyouts.

Relegate the CC season to April and September. Have their international white ball games in Autumn.

Play the blast over several months and stick barely any of it on TV. Make the one day cup secondary to the Hundred and effectively a second XI competition.

So counties make less money and then have to accept their IPL overlords generous offers.

EDIT: I forgot they played Glamorgan vs Durham final in 2021 on a bloody thursday!!!

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I mean as our international side try to play a 50 over game like a 20 over game.

May as well have the domestic final reduced to 20 overs, more likely to get into the England side that way.

Sam Hain can't get a game despite being the best domestic 50 over player for the last how ever many years.

Looking back the 2022 and 2023 finals were both on a Saturday.

In fairness, so answers on a postcard why this one was a Sunday and now ended up as Monday

Glamorgan vs Durham was on a Thursday two days after Durham semi final and three for Glamorgan :laugh:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
20 overs makes sense today given the weather forecast. But that doesn't detract from any of your other points.
Yes definitely glad these sides get a chance to win the silverware outright via actual cricket, rather than Autumn weather having it's say.

Fingers crossed for Durham they can get enough play for 20 overs a side tomorrow!

chris.hinton

International Captain
These were the Teams for the final

Glamorgan: William Smale(w), Kiran Carlson(c), Billy Root, Colin Ingram, Thomas Bevan, Sam Northeast, Ben Kellaway, Daniel Douthwaite, Timm van der Gugten, Andy Gorvin, Jamie McIlroy

Somerset : George Thomas, Andrew Umeed, Lewis Goldsworthy, James Rew(w), Sean Dickson(c), Archie Vaughan, Ben Green, Kasey Aldridge, Josh Davey, Alfie Ogborne, Jack Leach

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
187 will take some chasing.

And if reports about Glamorgan already doing their warm-ups are correct, and they won't take a lunch break, there's been a rare outbreak of common sense.