• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin vs Kumble

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wtf!! Jadeja averages 55 with the bat, Joshi 27..... It's ****ing more than twice!! Also, one of them played FC matches predominantly as a young guy, before making it big in the Test scene, another never made it. Stupid comparison.
You are unnecessarily getting agitated. I too would choose jaddu for his batting and fielding skills. I am speaking strictly of bowling calibre. Same with Kumble and Ashwin.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
You are unnecessarily getting agitated. I too would choose jaddu for his batting and fielding skills. I am speaking strictly of bowling calibre. Same with Kumble and Ashwin.
With only bowling calibre, I don't need to remind you that most of the non Test FC matches Jadeja played in was before he was a regular in the Indian team; or that he was genuinely a bits and pieces player in his early days internationally. Aka, highly different from the bowler he later became.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ashwin probably better at home but doesn't have Kumble's exposure abroad for anyone to make an unbiased, unegotistical, un-"I'll die on this hill"-type judgement. If he did play as often outside India, I reckon he'd have fared about as well as Kumble and then we could've named him undisputed greatest Indian spinner. He's * probably * won India more games at home too but I'm not sure if that isn't simply a function of India getting to play more Tests than before.

Last edited:

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Ashwin probably better at home but doesn't have Kumble's exposure abroad for anyone to make an unbiased, unegotistical, un-"I'll die on this hill"-type judgement. If he did play as often outside India, I reckon he'd have fared about as well as Kumble and then we could've named him undisputed greatest Indian spinner. He's * probably * won India more games at home too but I'm not sure if that isn't simply a function of India getting to play more Tests than earlier. Anyone know what the size of the avg home season was during Kumble's time?
Ashwin can't have Kumble's overseas exposure simply due to the pace attack.

Same thing with Murali.

Ashwin has played a considerable role in both BGTs 18 and 20 as well as Bang, SL, WI where his output is at par with his home output.

ma1978

International Debutant
he doesn't get dropped. pacers get picked ahead of him because eng/sa are cowards who specifically prepare tracks to nullify his skills

plays all games in aus if he is fit

sit down :clown:
Warne and probably Murali would be dropped too