• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
David Raya, aye
Been your best player so far this season and its not really close. I won't talk about the pen itself but that 2nd save was awesome, not many GKs can get off the ground that quick. Worthy MoTM.

With the form he's in I don't think its a stretch to say he's the 2nd best GK in the league right now.

The test is going to be sustaining it for a long enough period that he gets recognised as such. GKs in the top teams have a tricky job staying alert despite only being called upon once or twice a game and in tough fixtures that can be the difference. I think he's shown he's got the concentration for it which is a good sign because the ability is definitely there.

Edit: curious how you see this attack evolving over the season and what you think AFC's best front 3 is? Noticed Martinelli is copping a fair bit of criticism but doesn't seem like Trossard can nail down the starting spot either and where does Sterling fit?

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Was never fond of Eastleigh during our years in the bin but fair play for this

Eastleigh are probably the best side I've seen enfield play, they were a level above but was a great day out down there. I thought coming home they are heading in the right direction and I think they have gone up again since.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a fortunate point for my boys last night, even allowing for Eze's miss. That's some change from the 4-0 towards the end of last season. I'm loathe to question Glasner, but I wonder if playing a traditional two up front, with Nketiah joining Mateta there, is leaving us short in midfield.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I had arsenal to win 2-1 on super six ffs. Not actually sure what possessed me to do that but now I’m irritated

ripper868

International Coach
Haaland looking at Lewis-Kelly near the end like 'the **** are you mate' was kinda lol.

Fun game for a neutral at least.