• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He should be batting at seven in this line up and as long as you have another batter who bowls, like Jacks, that's fine. Livingstone is replacing Mo. His returns won't be consistent but he'll contribute in either discipline in one way or another.
Livingstone can't really do the moeen role with the ball though. Mo worked so well because despite not taking wickets, his econ was 5.3. England had worked out a way to fairly consistently go at ~6 an over from 10 to 35 while batting, and moeen+rashid where able to keep opponents to a slightly slower RR (and take wickets in rashid's case) while plunkett hammered away the back of a length balls with 3 fielders on the fence for the 6 attempts. Moeen bowled in 92% of the ODI's he played and averaged 7 overs a game, so far livingstone has bowled in 76% of his odi's and averaged 4 overs a game while going at 0.4 runs an over more than moeen.

Add to that the fact that rashid is no longer taking wickets, and england don't have a plunkett replacement, and it becomes a lot harder to see livingstone filling in the hole moeen did witht he ball, despite a better bowling average.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw anyone know what's happened to TGC? They haven't released anything since the Olympics

I'm missing their thoughts on Trav Head's bin lid, Cummins's looks and Zampa's rogueness

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Heads innings was how englanders would like to bat. Brook didnt see it that way, but our batters failed against an attack lacking Cummins Hazel and Starc.

Qlder

International Debutant
Australia now very close to becoming ICC #1 in ODI's, which would make it #1 team for Test & ODI (#2 for T20I)

...meanwhile England are fighting to keep their #7 spot in ODI's, just ahead of Bangladesh (and Afghanistan)

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia now very close to becoming ICC #1 in ODI's, which would make it #1 team for Test & ODI (#2 for T20I)

...meanwhile England are fighting to keep their #7 spot in ODI's, just ahead of Bangladesh (and Afghanistan)
If you won the WC less than 12 months ago you’re the number one side, regardless of any rankings which try to assert the contrary.

Qlder

International Debutant
Well that's interesting, Green dropped?

Maxwell, Starc and Hazlewood back, Green, Dwarshuis and Abbott out.

Basically becomes Short and Hardie preferred to Green. Maybe it's because Short is opening and Hardie is again nominated as the 3rd seamer

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tidy start by Potts and Stone, but I suspect that England need a couple of wickets with the new ball.

EDIT
As I was saying ...

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that's interesting, Green dropped?

Maxwell, Starc and Hazlewood back, Green, Dwarshuis and Abbott out.

Basically becomes Short and Hardie preferred to Green. Maybe it's because Short is opening and Hardie is again nominated as the 3rd seamer
Hardie over Green is a very interesting call. I would have thought Green the superior in all 3 disciplines quite comfortably.