• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Advantage firmly to Lanka you’d have to say. You would expect them to claw back given the home factor. From NZ’s perspective more disappointed in the top 5 not cashing in when they should have, than what went down today. WoR can definitely be proud of his efforts, but shouldn’t have to carry an attack.

Last edited:

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
and then you have strange scorecards like this - seam wickets first innings and spin second innings

Leach and Bess were utterly awful in that first innings. They were barely better than recreational level in that performance. I took some abuse for pointing that out from a Somerset fanboy and a delusional nutjob who thought he knew about spin bowling but really didn't. To be fair they were better in the 2nd innings but Galle does tend to provide significant help come second dig.

Reactions: FBU

Big_Gun

Cricket Spectator
Dont think there are many Demons in this pitch. 2mrw on the rest day the pitch will be kept covered, which will probably flatten the wicket even more (if I was Sri Lanka i'd be wanting the pitch exposed to the sun to deteriorate it)
Think NZ can chase 300, Williamson is due with a big 100 and a big 5th wicket partnership with GP to see NZ home.

Big_Gun

Cricket Spectator
Henry should definatly played for Santner, also GP should bat at 6, I wasnt a fan of GP at first thinking he's a 20/20 hack but his 87 he scored against Aussie was class, I know he's at 7 to hit big with the tail but feel he is slightly wasted, I'd have him at 6. He has that X factor about him, I think he should be the next captain.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We can maybe chase 250-260 as the pitch is not that scary as far as I can see, but unlikely more than that. We've probably rooted this match by failing to get the 70-100 run first innings lead that we were on track for. A lot of our dismissals were self inflicted.

Sounds like both Ajaz and Santner have been average with the ball (only going from highlights and comments on here) - lucky we picked O'Rourke, has been gun. Hasn't bowled heaps of overs either, so can hopefully back up next test. Yeah Henry could come in for Santner or Southee next match, though mostly we just need more from Ajaz. Moss might be right that he needs long spells

thundaboult

International Debutant
Just not enough penetration in this bowling attack. Santner has never been a wkt taker duh. Great to see him continue his ways scoring 2 runs and taking no wickets so far while going at 3.5 .... isn't he supposed to at least dry up an end? Tim can dry up runs sometimes even if wickets aren't there but that's another problem, he's supposed to be a strike bowler