• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
He'll get value for his shots if he flashes hard but he can't half heartedly poke off the back foot like he does. Cummins will exploit that ruthlessly.
It's more how he flashes for me. If he plays full blooded vertical bat shots then he'll be fine, the top edges will fly way over gully (the Travis Head story, basically). But the wristy flick which slides off the open face at catchable height is suicide in Aus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's more how he flashes for me. If he plays full blooded vertical bat shots then he'll be fine, the top edges will fly way over gully (the Travis Head story, basically). But the wristy flick which slides off the open face at catchable height is suicide in Aus.
Just has to hang back and commit to his backfoot shots and go after width if its short, for me. If its full or length and outside off, that is when you gotta leave them over there.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Yeah tbf, it's tricky because he's not going to open. Shanto can't be dropped while he's the captain and Mushfiq's still making runs. You'd have to drop Mominul and play him at 4 or 5 as Litton has made nearly all his runs batting at 5 and 6 and been a disaster further up the order. Ideally you'd drop Shanto but it's clearly not on the cards.
I frankly can't see Monimul getting dropped..... Probably one of them in MO can open??

Aritro

International Regular
That batting performance absolutely sapped the urgency and motivation out of the bowlers. Tbf they've all dropped their shoulders though. Would like to see a lot more fight from this team when things are going awry

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very welcome comeback. If this Indian side is Popeye then its been without its spinach for too long.

With Rishabh in the side the idea of a certain Australian victory or whitewash in the series this summer is pretty fanciful imo.

Shri

Mr. Glass
re jaiswal

feel like he has a short ball issue outside off stump very strangely

pulls and hook very well but balls rising outside off stump? he has multiple ways of getting himself out. in ipl he pulls some of those balls and gets caught at mid on. in tests he nicks it behind.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I'm not watching but since surely the declaration would have come not long after Gill century.

I dunno why Pant didn't fancy himself a nice red inker.

I guess fans care more about this stuff than players :laugh:

Coronis

International Coach
I haven’t been watching, how has Pant looked in his return? Also dunno the pitch/weather but seems a relatively early dec no?