• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Didn't Rahul and Edgar get hundreds in one of those games? I didn't follow it live though I recall KL forced to have a bash to get to his century. Were conditions particularly nasty on either side of Elgar's innings? And he went big too didn't he.
The 1st innings was pretty ordinary. Kohli played an alright knock of 38 which had more potential (like usual), as did Iyer's 31; and Rahul played a great knock. Elgar also played an ATG innings. I remember people, especially commentators, talking about how Rahul's century was among India's finest there, and then we were hit by that Elgar innings. Overall, it was tough and bowler's friendly, both of those knocks were quality, especially Dean's one was career best. Kohli's came in the last innings and it legitimately looked like no one else knew to bat but him. Don't know if it was the pitch, bowlers or our batsmen; but it was very rough. That 76, I will say was probably a bit better than KL's ton. The 2nd match pitch though was nightmare fuel. Markram played his greatest innings ever, a truly ATG one. On those conditions, those 44 were very valuable, as he was the top scorer and once he got out, I believe 6 wickets fell in 2 runs. The 4th innings hardly matters.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with your overall post except Rahul's innings there was genuinely amazing and better than Kohli's. The pitch flattened and India bowled absolute ****e after it.

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
none of the young guys va e the technique to play in Aus except for Shubman and Jaiswal. lol @ Sarfaraz or frigging Padikkal or Parag. Kohli and Rahul showed their true value in SA. One test agaubst BD is meaningless. This is pakoassion level analysis
Jaiswal pokes at every thing outside of off stump he is just not good enough

Slifer

International Captain
He should get to 250-300 wkts and call it a day with an average under 20. Wonder if people would be compelled to waive longevity in his particular case while reckoning ATGs.
I would waive it honestly. Let's say he gets 300 wkts (preferably) he's easily an atg and probably in the top 5 best pacers of all time, more so if his average remains under 20. To average under 20 is absurd. It also wouldn't hurt if he got a 10 for or two. Of course at home, that's almost impossible to accomplish having to compete with Ashwin and Jadeja. He still has a long ways to go though, hopefully his body holds up.