• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Kohli must retire from test asap cant continue to embarrass himself and country with further failures sai sudharsan sarfraz padikkal dhruv jurel and riyan parag are there to replace him and idiot kl our bowling is gun but have worst batting🤦‍♂️
Averages 47 in the last 10 Tests including this and tough runs in SA..... Honestly, if to bench someone, Rahul and Gill are better candidates.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
On a another note, I've been side-eyeing the great Jasprit Bumrah's average. There is a very real possibility, imo, that the man can get it below 20. If does that'll be a hell of a feat. Yes I'm a huge fanboy of the man!!!
I think it would already be below 20 if he didn’t miss any home games. Most of his games have been overseas I think.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
On a another note, I've been side-eyeing the great Jasprit Bumrah's average. There is a very real possibility, imo, that the man can get it below 20. If does that'll be a hell of a feat. Yes I'm a huge fanboy of the man!!!
He should get to 250-300 wkts and call it a day with an average under 20. Wonder if people would be compelled to waive longevity in his particular case while reckoning ATGs.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Kohli missed a massive opportunity to get into big run getting form by skipping the entire England series.

Other mistake he made was to skip duleep trophy. He should have played either the 1st or 2nd match. It's not like he has been in good form in recent months .. poor T20 wc, poor in Sri Lanka, no red ball cricket all year. On top of that, living outside India has only made things worse for him and he is paying the price.

I know he will probably bunker down and try to play very safe next game. But then he will get out inexplicably again

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I think Kohli missed a massive opportunity to get into big run getting form by skipping the entire England series.

Other mistake he made was to skip duleep trophy. He should have played either the 1st or 2nd match. It's not like he has been in good form in recent months .. poor T20 wc, poor in Sri Lanka, no red ball cricket all year. On top of that, living outside India has only made things worse for him and he is paying the price.

I know he will probably bunker down and try to play very safe next game. But then he will get out inexplicably again
I think he thought of Bangladesh as the Duleep Trophy equivalent; 2 practise matches before NZ comes and we visit Australia.

ma1978

International Debutant
none of the young guys va e the technique to play in Aus except for Shubman and Jaiswal. lol @ Sarfaraz or frigging Padikkal or Parag. Kohli and Rahul showed their true value in SA. One test agaubst BD is meaningless. This is pakoassion level analysis

Arachnodouche

International Captain
47 exactly. His average is also marked down by SA making pitches unsuitable by international standards. So, it balances outs.
Didn't Rahul and Edgar get hundreds in one of those games? I didn't follow it live though I recall KL forced to have a bash to get to his century. Were conditions particularly nasty on either side of Elgar's innings? And he went big too didn't he.

Shri

Mr. Glass
you all do realize if we drop kohli and pick a new guy, the new guy will take a few years to get used to test cricket?

Shri

Mr. Glass
besides there might be a simpler solution. if we drop ashwin overseas because the pitches don't suit him, maybe we can drop kohli at home because spin doesn't suit him.